Swamp hut

You are so kind! Thank you for the words of encouragement! :slight_smile:

Hey everyone! Check out my Instagram if you would like to see a simple animation I made of this project.

@jared_m_design

1 Like

By the way, I did not see any mention of software. Did you render in Eevee? What software for texturing? Was Zbrush or other sculpting used?

Thanks in advance!

Everything was modeled and textured using Blender. Rendered with Cycles.

1 Like

Wow that makes it even more incredible! Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Very nice, Im def. gonna steal this concept… and make it even better! :grimacing:

Help yourself!

Interesting point about that smoke. I completely missed that… a bit thinner, and maybe a tad darker I think?:face_with_monocle:

About the bark thing: Yes I am aware that giant redwoods have huge bark-cracks. But then they would have fine cracks AS WELL. That’s what I meant with “smaller cracks all over”, but i guess “smaller cracks on top” would have been better.

Anyway, it’s a lovely image and :star_struck: … F*ck! Now I want to model a similar setting, but I have no time right now :disappointed: … oh well onto the list of my ToDo s it goes :man_shrugging:

1 Like

:pleading_face:
“Interiors please? Pretty-please?”

Comments and Critics: Anytime mate!

I agree with @jonobe onto the “not inset in the bark” thing. I think you’ve got these options:
A) cut free some of the bark, so that the buildings are surrounded by more flat, smaller, finer bark
B) growthbulge the wood over your buildings
C) lead-line from inside the bark, to the edge of the roof
D) lead-line from on the bark to the edge of the roof
On a real project, you would probably cut some of the bark and then lead-line on the cut bark. After some years a growthbuldge might appear, where the tree tries to incorporate the building-parts.
A+D would probably work the best, but you could do D, or even fake it on texture-level or in post and it would look ok. Even if you don’t do any of that, you might want to bleed some moss and lichen onto the buildings, especially on the roofs and the edges to the tree.
Just come to think of it: if you do another similar one… maybe raise the roof a bit on the tree-side? From a technical point of view, that would allow to lead-line into the bark and it would lead off the rain, so the edge won’t rot away…

Personally I’d add a bit moss on the crevices and more lichen in the splatter-areas below the edges of the roof. And I would lead-line or copper-line the crevice around the chimney. (Sorry, as you can see, I’ve got a background with construction, and got carried away…)

Anyway, it’s a lovely image and scenery and :star_struck: … F*ck! Now I want to model a similar setting, but I have no time right now :disappointed: … oh well onto the list of my ToDo s it goes :man_shrugging:

Keep it coming! :smiley:

Wow wow! Thank you so much for all the suggestions on how to make the image better. I will definitely make some of the changes you mentioned. Adding moss to the hut will definitely bring the image to another level. If I have time I will definitely like to do some interior renders :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your comment and suggestions!

As I said: Anytime mate. :smiley:

I’d guess there wouldn’t be an interior? Would be challenging.

Beautiful! It’s such a cool project. I would love to live there! Actually, I would be in heaven just to see the inside.:pleading_face: (I know, I know, you’re tired of the project.:cry:)

One small critique :pinching_hand: To make the house look more like it was built into the tree, you might consider having the tree growing around the exterior of the house, just slightly, where the house meets the tree. (edit: oops! I see others have already made this suggestion.)

But, as I said, its great as it is and you’ve obviously invested a lot of time and effort into this.:clap: