Swamp Hut

This is a new render of an old project I posted on here. I asked for some feedback and the comments were so helpful. Hopefully I was able to fix some of the issues my first render had. Thanks for viewing!

79 Likes

I like the angle, atmosphere and saturation in this one better, but I liked the window light in the original. Maybe have a candle or some other light in one window to let us know somebody is home?

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

You’re #featured! :tada:

1 Like

I definitely agree that it would be an improvement to see light coming through the windows, and maybe we could glimpse something on the inside through the large upper circular window. Lovely details including the mossy bark and the draped piece of cloth. The closer you look, the more you see.

2 Likes

agreed. the atmosphere here is nicer, but the lighted windows are missing. Also: still no leadlining and no moss-bleading

1 Like

Yeah, I honestly forgot to add the light in this version. In the previous version, I kind of cheated the light with a gradient texture on the window, and this time I wanted to actually make a more realistic lighting scenario and forgot to do it. Eventually, I want to model all the interior of the house and the tree and make an animation going through the whole house, so keep an eye out for that.

1 Like

Yeah. I think I told you to keep me posted on this. Also: still no moss bleeding, nor lead lining. But just like before: a wonderful render. I’d love to give you C&C but right now I’m too tired. Keep it up mate.