Swamp in the forest

Swamp in the forest, all modelled in blender using the mtree addon, also some scans i took in the forest, scene rendered in eevee.

62 Likes

nice work man!
I love this so much :heart_eyes:
can you take a moment and talk a little about your creative process am trying to compile a video about amazing blender project feel free to talk about or share some of the details such as scene breakdown and so on
thanks in advance❤

1 Like

Thank you, glad you like it :pray:

Usually i look for inspiration or already have an idea. Next step is looking for references, especially for the trees in this case. I modelled the trees with the mtree addon. When i got the basic look for the trees right it was easy to generate different trees of the same kind by just duplicating with a different seed. Great tool.
I had several different trees with less detail to use in a particle system to grow the forest. Also some trees with higher detail for the foreground.
The crows were animated using a boid particle system, they just fly to a given point. The wake for swamp creature was done with rhe dynamic paint modifier.
Here are some screens of the process:

1 Like

7 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

That’s great, thank you Bart!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

thankyou so much
and am so sorry i didn’t get back to you sooner i’ve been busy
but you got featured in this video

Thank you very much! There are some great projects in the video and it is really cool to see mine among them, so thanks again for the feature!

1 Like

Well done.

1 Like

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #animation category! You can vote for it here.