Swamp Lodge

Really enjoyed making this, i wanted to create a landscape but i didn’t know exactly what to make, searching on pinterest i saw a stilt house so i decide to create one of those, all work made in blender, the vegetation used here is from my Natural set avaleable for free here https://chuckcg.gumroad.com/l/joGTC
Thanks!

31 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Thanks so much, appreciate!

Great work, congrats,
thanks for sharing.

1 Like

No worries mate! and thanks for always taking the time to comment!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Nice render and thanks for share.

Don’t get me wrong, render is nice… but, like all tree are concentrate in line near lodge. There is clear cut, there are no trees behind the lodge, just a grassy plain. Hardware is always limitations, but maybe you can try with low res version for background trees, or use cards with alpha. They will be cowered by fog so they don’t need to be hi res.
Also more fog :laughing: I mean in photos you can often see thin layer of fog near ground - water. To add ‘drama’ to render. This can be added in post… volumetric is still slow in Cycles. Couple days ago I render one scene, and my render time jump from 10 min to 1h 40 min just because volumetric :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks! yes i should use more trees for the background, the fog yeah i mean the first version was covered with a lot of fog but didn’t conviced me, i wanted a clean view for this but maybe i will try again.

2 Likes

Well make his neighbor house, or small trade post. Swamp envirnoment is very nice topic.

1 Like

Oh nicely done. I feel like the only thing missing are some giant alligators! But for a more practical suggestion, how about making the trees you have bigger? It would help to block out the sky and would make the swamp look older.

1 Like

Thanks, good tip!