Swmo's 2D sketchbook

I love post #17 a lot

Good job with portraits, my favorites of them: 16 and 17 are really well done, nice reflections and shadows :slight_smile:

Damn…I wish I could draw and paint like you. This last one here (#20) is lovely. The one of your son #8 is another that just stands out as really full of expression. I’m very curious on your workflow and if, and in what ways your using blender.

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

@harleynut97 - these are not using blender at all, just GIMP or Krita with a wacom tablet.

More practice drawing faces. I really like how when you look at someone’s face it has so many colours in it - and I like the style that emphasizes that.

I’m totally into Krita now - it’s really nice to use. Also I backed their kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/krita/krita-open-source-digital-painting-accelerate-deve
It seems to have a really good momentum and they are making improvements every day and posting builds - it’s really good to see.

Quick watercolour style:

Girl from #13 but happy this time:

Haven’t done any drawing for a while until tonight. This is my 3 yr old looking grumpy.

just gets better and better, love that 3 year old pout :smiley:

Thanks Craig :slight_smile:

That recent one of your 3 year old is a great drawing. I love the pout and the look in his eyes

great work :slight_smile:

Inspired to pick up the tablet again after watching alicexz live art streams

Oh wow, those colors and textures are really cool!

More practice with Krita:

Another quick one - I like the colours.

You really have captured the fresh face of young and fun with the redhead. The age of the boy in #33 was some of the most wonderful years I remember with my son…too bad he grew up so fast :slight_smile:

Thanks! Yeah, he’s 4 years old, it’s such a cool age.

Another one:

Inspiring I must say. I love the 5 yr old painting. Wish I can grad it and keep it in my office like the ones i got here.

Thanks! More practice tonight.