Symetrical shape keys? How do you do it?

I am having a killer of a time getting my shape keys for the two sides of my face to be symetrical,
Does anyone have a good technique for doing things like eyebrow raising and lowering,
smiles and frowns, and so on.
Thanks

Try using the “X-Axis Mirror” tool, found in the “Mesh Tools 1” panel in the Editing Panels, when you’re in EditMode for the Mesh.

Aligorith

The problem with that is I have two shape keys, one for each eyebrow up movement, so I dont want to edit the entire face, I guess its just a matter of practice and tweaking, and time.

The workflow for using the “X-Axis Mirror” option to model shapekeys:

1. Firstly create a ShapeKey, where both sides of the face are deformed to a particular shape.

2. Then for each side of the face, create a vertexgroup (you only need to do this once) containing only the verts on that half of the face.

3. Now, for each side, type the name of the vertexgroup you created in step 2 into the “VGroup:” field in the ShapeKey panel.

4. Press “Add ShapeKey” button, rename the newly created shapekey, and do the same for the other side.

Voila!
Aligorith

DUDE!!!
THAT IS GENIOUS!!!
NO I DONT HAVE CAPS LOC ON !!!
Thanks alot Aligorith.

hey what gives,
my x-axis mirror isnt working?
what do I need to do to get it to work?

It will only work if the two halves of the face are symmetrical to start with. Make sure the center-point is really in the middle of the face (you will probably have to clear all shapekeys first).

Aligorith