Synchronize Workspaces - Blender Add-on

Thanks for the updates. Now it has become much more comfortable to work in Blender. Are you planning to add a Wireframe display?
gimp-2.10_2022-01-27_15-52-06

It is here (v1.8), enable synchronizing overlays:

1 Like

It looks like wireframe display synchronization doesn’t work in version 3.0.1

Just got the 3.0.1, it works. Are you sure that you have synchronizing overlays button? And also, it’s good to restart Blender after installing the add-on.

1 Like

Is this backwards compatible to 2.8 and LTS versions?

it also works. Just ignore warning message after installing.

O, that’s great, I haven’t tested, but if it works, I can set a version

This is huge! :+1:

I also tested Floating Windows - #273 by BD3D today, I can imagine that synchronising a floating window could be neat too, is this possible? Blender supports them now by default, go to Window > New Window/ New Main Window.

It works with multi-window setup, but you need to keep in mind that my Add-on synchronizes only one biggest 3D view only, and it may be in different window. Otherwise, it will be too complicated to set up

I’m stunned this is not blender default behavior, great addon to fix super bad ui desing flaw!

2 Likes

Version 1.9:
Support hidden 3D views if they are blocked by render (then using keep UI setting)

1 Like

Is syncing overlays>wireframe “on” not working?
It does not work for me when switching workspace. The overlay wireframe is not turned on other workspaces.

Hello, @poly2poly2!

Viewport settings and overlays are optional, (in case if you want to keep matcap on sculpt and material preview in shading, etc.)

For the overlays, this button should be pressed:

Yep I had that icon on. The other workspace wireframe checkmark doesn’t get updated.
I think its not compatible with 2.9.1
Tried it in 3.0 and it works.

Oh, got it, I haven’t tested it on versions less than 3.0, so that 3.0 is required.

Could you please test the 1.10 version of add-on in Blenser 2.91 and other versions? I’ve done some rework in this part.

I bought it a minute ago, and I already know it’s a completely essential addon.
Thank You very much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tested 1.10 on 2.91 and doesn’t work.

Edit. I removed the addon and restarted blender and added it again. It’s working now. :sweat_smile:

Yes, I already found that if you install new version of an add-on, Blender doesn’t deactivate previous one. Even If you setup everything correctly. So then you install new version of any add-on (not only this), it’s always better to switch the add-on off before installing

No you should not do that in case addons add their own keyboard shortcuts, because disabling > enabling those addons duplicates their shortcuts in the keymap. This is a known bug: https://developer.blender.org/T88518
Best practice is to close Blender, remove the old addon under %AppData%\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0\scripts then either unzip the new addon and move it here, or open the Zipped package in Winrar, go inside the main folder and drag the nested folder in the file path mentioned previously (that’ll unzip it for you).

See: https://machin3.io/MESHmachine/docs/installation/ for reference