System Crash when using Blender armatures.

I have been working intensively with Blender recently. I’m responsible for character animations and i’ve noticed that when I use armatures, Blender crashes my intire system at least every 30 minutes :<. It’s always the same, the cursor freezes and nothing I do works. Sometimes when I load a blender file containing armatures after a reboot it crashes right there again. I’m wondering if this is a known bug. I cant’t just be my system, I also use Photoshop intensively and it works fine. The problem only occurs when I load and work on a blender file containing armatures, other blender files work fine.

I have never realy used the armature system in Blender this much so I tested it with different versions: 2.25, 2.33, 2.34 They all have the same problems, I tested it with different blend files that have armatures and they all crash.

I use Windows 2000 service pack 4. I have a Geforce 3 card, 1gig of ram and a 1.4 Ghz AMD processor. Please help :frowning:

haven’t heard this problem with a geforce 3…

but usually it is a driver issue [version or color depth], else we would see it on everybody’s computers

I’have done a clean instal of my system 3 weeks ago so everything should be up to date. I started working with armatures 2 weeks ago when I got the project, thats when I first got the problems. If it’s a driver problem wouldn’t it effect Blender completely and not just when I use the armatures?

It might be a bug that happens to me sometimes, especially with a 1.4 ghz cpu. When u go to rotate an armature it gets slow as hell and crashes. so once u parent the armature to the mesh move the armature object to a second layer and pose it there. You wont see the mesh deformation in realtime but when you render or animate it will deform there.
Hope it Helps
Head-Chees