Take Single Key Frame

Hi All,

I am working on a project at the moment when I am using the Blender physics enginge. I have a number of items falling into position. I record the animation but am not sure where to go from here. Basically I would like to take one of the last key frames where all the items are in position, and use that as a starting point for a new scene. Basically erase all the animation but leave the final position of my items as it is at the end of the animation. Is this possible and if so how do I do it? Thanks so much for your help in advance,

All the best,

Sephster

Go to the frame you want to keep then delete the keyframes of all the objects. You can do this in the graph editor window

Thanks for your reply. I think I needed to delete the channels in the dope sheet as well. Not sure if that was correct but seemed to do the trick. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated!

Unless you’re using vector-based movement (physics is not) then you’ll need to at least restore the keyframe, and the keyframes either side of it. Otherwise you’ll lose the continuity of the movement and get popping, bad ease-in effects mid animation etc.