TBW - An UPBGE Blender Game!

Its is the indie version of Star Citizen ? Will this ever be completed and find a release :rofl:

Anyway, good to know you are buzzy working on it again.

1 Like

Lol you never know buddy, but yeah im back and working on it actively fulltime this year of 2021… My situation’s all sorted now i can work freely and comfortably and achieve results again lol

Thks for the feedback lol, ive got some new content comin up i have to showcase here on the thread as well as the Discord so i’ll be posting anytime soon.

Fred/K.S

HAPPY NEW YEAR - EVERYONE !!!

:partying_face: :confetti_ball: TBW - 2021 Development :partying_face: :confetti_ball:

I will be resuming this January on TBW-DEVELOPMENT 1stly on the Actual Builds then focus on what content needs to be finished off and remade again; due to the losses i’ve had last year of 2020 from SEPT!

“Lets go all out gunz blazing” :triumph: :sunglasses:

SO far so Good, this is a great year for the project; lets hope we all get what the project has to offer.

Best Regards, Happy New Year!
So in the meantime i fired up the last stable real build i worked on a really long time ago lol and so this is where the project will be picking up from with our next build being a follow up.

Below ive posted some screens of my mini game play again on Alpha Build Ver 0.0.1 i’ll be working on Ver 0.0.2 again.

[2021] Screens: (Alpha build ver 0.0.1 Throwback!)

Meantime “Gameplay” Wallpapers:

Capital City - Works In progress coming Next Week!

Here’s the Behind the scenes Development ROADMAP Showcase!

Updated: (Trello!)
Trello Thumbnail Update! (Showcase for members:wink: )

Happy Blendering everyone, Happy New Year!
i’ll be back with actual 2021 content as soon as its READY!

FOii5wr

JOIN US TODAY FOR FREE! :point_down:
!!! PATREON SUPPORT COMMUNITY !!!

Fred/K.S

4 Likes

Update: (Important Note!)

Ive been so busy the past 2 months, so i decided to only work on the content this month due to poor time management on my part i had alot going on on my end!

So i’ll see what i can do in my next Video, perhaps i could start already showcasing some BETA Footage of what was achieved prior to 2019’s Alpha Build …
(We’re getting closer to content updates guys :grinning: )

FOii5wr

Fred/K.S

1 Like

WooHoo!!! :partying_face:

1 Like

HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY EVERYONE !!!

Apologies for the Delay Again! Ohh myy, i will do my best to not lapse Deadlines again,
Anyways before i can start rolling some Beautiful 2021 Stuffs I’ve been working on i decided to do a Little RECAP Video !!!
Just to remind long time returning viewers since it has been so long, I’m just setting stage for everything new 2021.

Otherwise New content is already on its way just be a Little More patient!

SO WHATS NEXT !!! - (BIG THINGS IS WHATS NEXT)
What’s next, is what I’ve always envisioned for these projects, and I’m working on delivering just that!
I’ll do my best to try and not take to long making content.

FOii5wr

Fred/K.S

1 Like

A Re-Look at Capital 2020! (Alpha Maps Scope)

• So basically the map scope as shown below is a perfect example of how Alpha Maps will look like compared to BETA Maps Scope! :cowboy_hat_face: :+1:

Seamless GTS (OLD)

Fred/K.S

2 Likes

WOOHOOOO !!! (Finally)

Its about damn time now, finally so i managed to get an active day and night cycle working compared to last time with an all spherical lighted shader this tiem around i doubled down on the final part on a couple nodes that saved me this time around.

Now we can say have to fully scaled planets in UPBGE !!!
With an active Realtime “Day” and “Night” cycle, this is really good for prototyping, im not sure how it will do on a full game; but the way I’m tackling it in TBW is that, every level is 1 planet as opposed to creating gigantic solar systems, with very expensive node setup atmospheric planets lol.
(so in this case, the full shader works now properly it just needs further improvements and expanding upon…)

I’ll post screens below of the previous one vs Now !!!

NEW Perfected final feat “Day” & “Night” Cycle:

I will also work on a Planetary Terrain tesselation system instead of using advanced lod systems for terrain gen and batching. (Im implementing BPR’s system :wink: )

Also just to mention guys, there’s no BLOOM at all its all pure nodes, no filters no bloom whatever , all out UPBGE 0.2.0 :sunglasses:

The Old One! :grinning: :cowboy_hat_face:

And Alpha Demo Maps were more linear!

So yeahh, but everything will be revealed in my next upcoming video, I’m just so happy I finally got this shader conquered; now I have a bit more room to breathe now and really setup all my New Planetary Maps now, its a REAL Breath of fresh Air, for me to start going back to creating new worlds and playable levels at enormous gigantic scale that UPBGE can master handling. (I’ll see how i can create Entirely NEW breathtaking fresh new worlds ive got abt 9 planets to make with all GROUND TO SPACE…

SO YEAHH LET’S GET STARTED !!!

FOii5wr

Fred/K.S

1 Like

Will Update Post soon!

Im Back!

Fred/K.S

1 Like

Your demos really look very good, but why don’t you use procedural generation for the terrain? or you use it? with things like procedural generation and maps of the galaxy in the form of binary data will give you the opportunity to generate the entire universe of “star wars”

1 Like

Thanks, Yeah well actually Im using a form of Planet generation system which is currently in experiment in 0.3.0 and im working on importing it in to 0.2x.

This is about planetary optimization regarding polygon displacements in realtime, it’s abit of a headache but im currently using old methods atm. until Ive refined certain systems only then will i really get things working straight!

Here’s an Old Update @Villi89

So right now im currently working on other aspects and scopes to my maps, im not really trying to replicate an entire galaxy map, though a map exists.

Players will travel to planets using the menu or seamlessly in mission cutscenes but not through an open world map.

TBW only has Orbital Space that’s as far as im pushing the Game Engine, with its current limitations !!!

The rest is just optimization work and making everything work and come together as 1 game.

Binary data can already be preloaded when you start the game that depends on what the player wants to play if they choose the campaign but it might add abit of weight on the processing.

Fred/K.S

2 Likes

The thing with BGE/ UPBGE is too much complexity = too much processing which slows down python, and thats what im trying to avoid.

many people have mid range to low end pc’s already the demands of this game has surpassed the low requirements, but it can be optimized in such a way that its possible for it to run on mid range hardware so with extremely large maps the only thing i can rely on is good optimization of the map at global scale, so procedural generation depends unless i want to optimize or terraform or tesselate the terrain as the player traverses the large open map whilst on missions.

Fred/K.S

October - Im Back Everyone!!! :grinning: :+1:

Srry for the Hold up guys I’ve been attending to my situation… kept me off since June :anguished:

But finally Im back am busy working on both Versions of the game currently at this point!
Here’s a “Silly Weekend UPDATE” for the time being… :+1:

Its just a quick screenshot as i WIP the upcoming content…

Dont worry i was just testing the UPBGE 0.3.0 Build of the game so far its promising but i wont make that promise :sweat_smile: :+1: My focus is mainly on 0.2.0 And to deliver the standard version of the game that runs well.

Final Shot!

Thanks for checking out!
khtqkou07n1r

Fred/K.S

TBW - Jedi Sentinel Class Type !!!

Fred/K.S

1 Like