Tcore Shadows - Alpha demo available.

ahh, I see; will do…

(when I was modelling, I had Gears of war proportions in mind as something to try not to recreate, must’ve gone a bit overboard with that…)

I should do a new video already, all the stuff I added last night/this morning :smiley: (I have a 2 day rule, at least 2 day before the next related video, though it backfired when I accidentally “lost” my old finished project… :o)

I feel that the amount added warrants a second update (2 updates in 1 day!?)

Finished:
Movement
(sorted the proportions, the arms are a bit more “beefed up” :D)
Save/Loading
Trophies (awards for doing things in-game)
Weapon changing (when picking a gun already in the “inventory”, you get ammo)
Equipment changing
pausing/dying
aiming on the rocket launcher
mounting (climb over ¬¬) obstacles

To do:
custom reload animations for each gun
enemies (AI already done, perhaps a few tweaks, just remodeling/animating)
props (I’ve found a new graphic style :D)
levels (should be interesting)
story (hmm…)
Enhancements:
vehicles? :smiley:
new weapons?

A quick sidenote:
Objective? A fun experience… (not just “get it working”, as was the case with everything before post #17, partially because it pretty much works already now)

Here is a video of the first level :ba:

Let me know what you think! :smiley:

(Looks like my aspect ratio change didn’t work as planned…)

Here is my teaser trailer. (I’ve not a good video editor and video mixing isn’t my thing, so no need to mention the crappy production values… :o)

The level is complete and the menu system (complete with video and image viewer :D) is finished, but that’ll be released soon.

Here is my teaser trailer. (I’ve not a good video editor and video mixing isn’t my thing, so no need to mention the crappy production values… :o)

The level is complete and the menu system (complete with video and image viewer :D) is finished, but that’ll be released soon.

bump - I just updated the first post (where I will post updates from now) with the download link for the alpha!
:smiley:
Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

bump - I just updated the first post (where I will post updates from now) with the download link for the alpha!

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

It didn’t look too bad, but it lagged a bit on my computer. What operating system are you using? The mouselook script glitches and my view keeps rotating even if my mouse isn’t moving.

I’m using windows 7

I’ve had complaints about the controls (I have developed it all myself, so the controls were tweaked for me)

It is only Alpha right now, so there’s a way to go (after exams) and about the lagging - was it “don’t look down” or “end of the line” ?)
end of the line is the most recent and best performing of the two maps…
(Go into levels to select a level.)

laser mouse? I have noticed slight… glitches in the mouselook, I’ll add an inquiry to my to do list… :smiley: