Polygonflow is looking for an experienced Technical Artist with vast knowledge of the Blender 2.8 API. As a Technical Artist , you will be helping us design, create and demonstrate a wide variety of tools that leverage Blender’s C++ and Python APIs.
What You’ll do
- Create an intuitive wrapper around the different Blender scripting solutions (Python, C++)
- Leverage the PySide/Qt framework to create stunning UIs
- Design Tools from the ground up based on extensive users and studios feedback
- Work with Artists and Technical Artists to create user-friendly tools
- Demonstrate your tools internally and externally
Who you are
- You have experience working with the Blender 2.8 API
- You have a solid understanding of modern asset/environment creation pipelines
- You have experience working with the Python API
- You are comfortable with Blender’s C++ API and its modifier creation system
- You have created in-editor automation tools that help artists work faster
- You approach tools development with a creative mindset
- You develop tools with simplicity and usefulness in mind first, complexity second
- You have experience working with PySide/Qt
- Your portfolio/demo reel showcases the points mentioned above
- You have experience working with DCCs and game engines (Maya, 3DS Max, Unreal
- Your portfolio showcases a solid art foundation
If this sounds like a dream job to you, please send your application right here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1898391863/
This position is available as an on-site or remote opportunity.
Applications without portfolios/demo reels/Github Repositories will be ignored.
Our mission at Polygonflow is to create next-generation tools that give you access to the best artistic workflows straight within your 3D software or game engine.
Thanks to our proprietary software GraphN, we’re aiming to revolutionize plugins creation by giving you the most user-friendly node-based interface out there.
If you’re just looking for plugins to accelerate your production processes, we’ve also got you covered with a vast library of best-in-class tools that work in all major 3D softwares and game engines.