tell great stories with blender

Bugs is the best. How did you know I was Bugs fan? I was thinking about Bugs when I wrote that. Cheers.

“tell great stories with blender”

I think we just did! :wink:

You mean this entire thread? Wrong answer! We’ve been using the FORUM to tell great stories!

Hmmm… Maybe we could have everybody record themselves saying something about anything (i.e. me talking about posting so much and not being a Forum Monkey :stuck_out_tongue: ), and put it up somewhere and whoever wants to animate something with those voices can do so!

Movie forums should be made! I say “forums” rather than “forum” not because I’m an idiot, but because there are so many films we can attempt making (feature film, short film, dialogue-centered, story-centered, etc.) that one forum might not be enough!

Actually I was referring to the rescue of Blender. I think that’s a great story! Although I admit I was rather vague.

Movie forums would be a good thing to have.
They would encourage more people to do animations.
(something I have yet to try myself).

These are great ideas (creating movie forums, and making good films in Blender). It’s still a little ambitous, though. However, if you get an idea of what you can do (everyone likes sci-fi, so you might try something along those lines), write a script. Not as in Python, but rather like this:

This is a direction to tell you what to do.
CHARACTER: This is some dialogue.

No, don’t make that into a story. That’s how to write a script along those lines. Try this: Think of two films that are completely different. Try to think of what would happen if the films were thrown into a blender (pun partly intended). For example, I’m thinking of mixing “Memento” (non-linear timeline; they go backwards in events, but you can put events in random order if you want) and any alien invasion film (“Memento” has nothing to do with this). Bend ideas around. When you’ve got a good idea, stick to it, and write your script.

Get the idea? Find a story, bend it around, get an idea, and start writing. This could work incredibly well if you have a great idea. If not, well, the idea probably got screwed up somehow.

i’m making a movie right as we speak

well i’m not actually making the entire movie.
just the cg shots

perhaps about 4 - 5 minutes of footage.

ok perhaps only 3

but still its taken me about six months so far and all i’ve got is 350 frames

and about 200 hours of modeling and texturing (only three models)

and guess what

i have to have the whole ****ing thing done in 10 days.

i also have exams at school.
school work of every other kind.
a website to make .
about 5 pages of crap to write about me.
photos to take
and a portfolio of art to put together for design school.

it also doesn’t help not knowing a thing about blender or 3d before starting and commiting to a friend that you will do the cg for their movie

10 DAYS
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

oh yeah the movie is the most fun thing i’ve done all year
GIVES ME A PERPOSE IN LIFE.
never had a hobbie before that.

actually i’m rendering while posting here.

back to the movie and no sleep for me

BY THE WAY THIS IS ENCOURAGEMENT!!!

:o :o :o :o :o :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :-? 8) :smiley: :smiley: :-? :stuck_out_tongue: :frowning: :x :o :stuck_out_tongue: :x :x :-? :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s partly encouragement and partly discouragement. You’ve pointed out that it’s taking forever to do some stuff, and you need it done in 10 days.

Still. Try making a film in Blender. There’s some stuff you’ll have to do outside of Blender (sound, lipsync, MPEG conversion to make it as small as possible), but use Blender as much as possible.