Tesselator Quad-Remesher

From where can I get the blender 2.79 version of this addon? Thank you

You get both versions in blender market.

1 Like

Yes I saw that after putting my question, lol, thank you tough

I’ve not been updating this addon for a while because it’s hard to find an algorithm that can compete with other remeshers out there, but this video got me thinking about it again. :thinking:

6 Likes

Can you elaborate e little bit Jeacom? What exactly is the idea that you got from this video? You mean that you can find a way to produce a remeshing of objects using such an approach as the evolving nets in the video?

Yea, pretty much, but I cant actually elaborate because the idea is not fully fleshed out in my head lol.

3 Likes

Hey @Jeacom, wouldn’t it be more convenient to use vertex colors instead of masks for controlling mesh density?

Maybe, I just thought to use sculpt mask because it’s easy to edit and paint.

And you were right, it is easy :slight_smile:
Vertex colors would have a couple of advantages though:

1. Clear visual feedback on density of certain areas (for example blue to red gradient)
  2. You can have more than one set of vertex colors that can be switched on and off, while there is just one mask. In case you need to use a mask for both sculpting and tesselating, it has to be recreated from scratch multiple times.

Does this add-on work in newer versions of Blender? Like 2.93 and the upcoming 3.0? Also, is it still in development?

It worked with 2.92, I didn’t use it with newer versions yet.

Thank you! That it not a certainty for newer versions of Blender, but it’s close.

Sorry guys, I think I made it look like this addon was discontinued.
Well, I was just having a programmer’s block and couldn’t improve it any further for a while.

After about a year, I think I am getting a new algorithm to work, I think it has a lot of potential.

now the particles dont exist as points on a list but as values on the mesh which make them do cool things, like vanishing, popping into existence and splitting in two.

I’m also using the GPU for all this, so it should be very fast.

19 Likes

Great to have you back here :slight_smile: Does the new algorithm support guides to control topology and density anyhow? Or is it supposed to be a single click solution?

not yet, its on its early days, I have a lot of work before its ready.

5 Likes

Hey @Jeacom, how is it going with the new algorithm? I’m eager to give it a try.

I found a roadblock with the particle scaling, I can’t find a way to get the quads to auto-scale, so it’s performing exactly the same as the old algorithm.

Really amazing to follow your work! I was thinking a bit about the edge alignment when watching your last video and it would be amazing if it would be possible to maybe mark a start and end point for a spline alignment for hard edges and be able to go over the edges to align those. And use those splines as guidelines for the point alignments on the hard edges.

1 Like

yea, thats the plan but I’m having a little trouble.
Controlling the motion of particles that dont exist as an actual list of 3D points is harder than I thought.