Testing procedural shaders

I’ve worked for making some procedural shaders in Blender/Cycles. My objective, to improve the use and save RAM memory of my old GPU (GTX 550ti 1GB) and avoid in a possible way the hated warning “CUDA out of memory error” during my work in Blender. These are some examples of the shaders I’ve done and a scene in which I’ve applied those shaders. No one image texture was used in the scene.

Feel free for posting your critics and comments here. I’ve been thinking about to share the shaders later, if you like it, of course.

Attachments

My work can be seen here: https://choycevisuals.wordpress.com/

Wow, these look legit. Hard to believe those cloth shaders don’t use any textures. Great work!

Thanks steveernst117 and moony for your comments

the weaves of the cloth is easy, just simple nodes. I just worked in procedural nodes for the texture, the shader was combining the texture node with some chocofur free nodes.

Attachments

You would probably have much more control over the pattern if you changed the wave type to ‘saw’ and used a couple of color-ramps following that (one that fades it from black to white to black and the next being the color).

Though another advantage is that you don’t even have to have a symmetrical pattern then.

Verry nice procedural cloth shaders :wink:

now I am getting hungry.

now I am getting hungry.

Very nice shaders. I can’t really help here as I never really produced any procedural shaders. But I would be happy to learn from you if you mind to share it :slight_smile: By the way, your renderings on your website are really good! You managed to make them all fit in your 1Gb GPU ?

Ace Dragon, Benny G and matali, thanks for your comments.

Yes I made all the renderings in my GTX 550ti 1GB, using 1K or 2K textures maximum and using layers for hiding the objects which I don’t need to rendering in every space (living room, bedroom, etc)

Yes I made all the renderings in my GTX 550ti 1GB, using 1K or 2K textures maximum and using layers for hiding the objects which I don’t need to rendering in every space (living room, bedroom, etc)

Hi. Nice procedural shaders!
What operating system do you use?
Try Blender from buildbot, you’ll save some vRAM usage:
https://builder.blender.org/download/

With this version you should be able to preview some of your procedural choosing material view.
All these are features for the next version 2.78.

Whoa! Looking just amazing!