tex + spec ?

Hi,
is there a way to get at least specularity and uv textures in the game engine ?
I noticed the material, spec and hard are changing the way meshes look when I press z in the 3d window
but as I do ALT z to see the textures, the specularity is gone and only works in the grey mode :frowning:

any idea ?
thx

make sure your lighting is set up and your object(s) are set up to recieve that lighting…first make sure you have atleast 1 light set up in your scene, and then select your object and press, “F” to enter into face-select mode…select all of your faces with “A” and in the edit buttons window make sure the “Light” button is depressed, then click the “Copy Draw Mode” button. Hit “F” again to get out of face-select mode, and your model should now have dynamic lighting.

After doing this, if you adjust the Spec. in the material buttons it will affect how much specular light the object gets.

nop
does not work
that is the whole question about it

all my faces are opaque lighted textured modes :expressionless:
I will put a screenshot here when I am @home

Blender’s realtime lighting only works per-vertex, so make sure your vertices are close enough together for the effect to look good.

But the closer the vertices the more polygons and the slower the engine, More accurate lighting will probably be possible once shaders are implemented.

Relying on shaders for your lighting will make your game unplayable for poor saps like me with old graphics cards.

There’s a number of other tricks for making better specular highlights that work on older graphics cards, such as environment mapping.

Blender’s realtime lighting only works per-vertex, so make sure your vertices are close enough together for the effect to look good.

Nop,
it is a human mesh so there are tons of vertices
don’t care about shaders anyway cannot use any shader like feature with blender

strange that all my faces are correctly setup ( I am sure)…
anyways