Texel Density Checker 3.2.1 [UPDATE 16.10.20]

Great plug-in! Many thanks!

Hi, great work. Thank you. I use this addon almost every day! The new improvements with the quick presets and the possibility to change the units are a nice usability improcements as well :).

@Guziczek101 @AngryCat Thanks for your review!

Thanks! I also use this addon every day)) Therefore I add a useful features :slight_smile:

hey , I bouht your addon, interesting, but how can I use it ? I mean, I need to create an UV unwrap first? and load a checker pattern? (color grid ) create a manual please, I think it woulb be a nice tool to create asset for games, texel density is important thingā€¦ however , take the consideration about creating at leaste one tutorial, special for people who use texture atlas addon too and textTool in combination with this addon.

Yes, you need create uv unwrap first manually. This addon just rescale your uv islands. Addon perfect work with any other tool (TextureAtlas, TexTool, etc.) and donā€™t need special tutorial for this.

Ah ok bro , yeah , this morning I was painting my texture atlas and I realised about texel density, does work with overlapping uv?? I am not big fan of overlapping uv , but in this case I am using a lowpoly building, so it is cool stuff to overlap the uv islandā€¦ In the case I do nOt want to loose my organization of the uv position, this addon could change the positions of the overlapping uv islandā€¦ Ok , thanks for your this great addon , I would put in practice :smiley:

This add on is awesome to use with ue4. But in bledner 2.8 it shows an error (https://imgur.com/oJZNmKs). Can you please add support for 2.8 blender?

Thanks!
Blender 2.8 still develop and many API functions donā€™t work.
After September 19, Blender Developers will Finalized Python API and I begin porting addon for 2.8

Current 2.8 Development Roadmap https://code.blender.org/2018/06/beyond-the-code-quest/

Ok understood

UPDATE 1.0.8 (19.07.18)

-Set TD Methods: for each island or average TD value
-Select Faces with same TD

6 Likes

I keep getting an error message on some meshes. Most meshes are fine but for some reason some just do not play nicely with the addon. Iā€™m trying to ā€˜set my TDā€™

Thanks for the addon though. Itā€™s the best Iā€™d found around!

1 Like

You try set density 0 px/cm. It is impossible) Please, try set any value grater by zero.
P.S. Try this case in 1.0.7 and this work. Hmmmā€¦

Thanks for bug report, I add check for this case.

the value was set is 0.001. Hereā€™s another example with the density set to 5

Download version 1.0.7 until I donā€™t fix that. Itā€™s my fault

I just tried 1.0.7 and iā€™m still getting the same error message on some objects

Problem Solved. It is not a bug :slight_smile:

UPDATE (08.11.18)
VERSION FOR BLENDER 2.8 NOW AVAILABLE!!

7 Likes

UPDATE#2 (08.11.18)

Today was be change some API functions. If you use todayā€™s build, download updated addon. I will upload different versions of addon with timecode in name. Example, Texel_Density_1_0_8_280-beta-1108 (from 08 November)

5 Likes

Hi, just wondering, does ā€œSelected Facesā€ option work on 2.8, I tried multiple times and all uv islands are affected.