Texel Density Checker 3.2.1 [UPDATE 16.10.20]

1. You can add any operator to Quick Favorites or Assing Shortcut with RMB click on button

2. You can use command for calling operator.

Hi, the first thanks for the addon!!
In general, the addon works fine on macos 10.13.6 & Blender 2.82.7 but there is an issue with ‘Show Gradient’ option, when you check it, the gradient isn’t showed in the viewport (see the image):

And the Console show this error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/User/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.82/scripts/addons/Texel_Density/viz_operators.py", line 165, in Draw_Callback_Px
    shader = gpu.types.GPUShader(vertex_shader, fragment_shader)
Exception: Shader Compile Error, see console for more details
GPUShader: compile error:
ERROR: 0:33: Use of undeclared identifier 'gl_FragColor'

There is another repetitive error message in Console when you to push ‘Texel Density to VC’ button but the vertex colors is created and it’s showing correctly in the viewport:

GPUShader: linking error:
WARNING: Output of vertex shader 'hair_rand' not read by fragment shader
WARNING: Output of vertex shader 'resourceIDFrag' not read by fragment shader
ERROR: Input of fragment shader 'vertexColor' not written by vertex shader

1 Like

Thanks! I try fix that

Ho yeah i totally forgot about that as the quickmenu is at the bottom of Hardops, it just got out of my mind

1 Like

Here is a Feature Request :
(which seems to be a highly requested feature, according to the votes on Right-Click-Select)

UV Distortion Map in the viewport

hi there, while I enjoy this add-on allot there is 1 thing that annoys me. It could be a bug or not;

• whenever you assign a checker texture it will replace all the materials previously assigned.
  • you would expect “restore materials” to re-assign the previously assigned materials but instead it deletes all materials. Surely this is not on purpose ?
1 Like

I was annoyed and wondering about the same… :laughing: :+1:

1 Like

Assign Checker Material has two modes: “Replace” (Delete all materials and assign checker material) and “Store and Replace” (Save materials and assign checker material).
I will improve UI/UX for that in next update: Hide “Restore Materials” Button in “Replace” Mode and Change Default mode to “Store and Replace”.

Thanks for Review!

2 Likes

HELLO my friend, this addon is work well for a long time.but recently i found if i wrap UV from sceneview or camera(UV->Project from view), and then this tool will get a incorrect result thanks!

1 Like

Hello! Thaks for Review!
When you unwrap from view/camera you get many distorted islands on UV. Addon trying calculate average TD value for UV Island. Because proportions of uv islands and geometry faces is very difference (and non-consistence) addon has calculation error.
I can’t fix that, because can’t fix distortion of uv for individual faces without breaking uv island.

It is not a bug. It is a feature of the calculation algorithm

Texel Density Checker 3.1 (Blender 2.81 ang Higher) (3 May, 2020):

• [New] [UI/UX] Changing Category for Panels from Preferences
  • [Improvement] [UI/UX] Default Checker Mode is “Store and Replace”
  • [Improvement] [UI/UX] “Restore Materials” and “Clear Stored Face Maps” Buttons is hidden if current mode is “Replace”
  • [Impovement] [UI/UX] Improvements of UI/UX. Reorganizing UI Panels
  • [Impovement] [UI/UX] Hide “Texel Density Checker” Panel in UV Editor if current mode is not Edit Mesh
7 Likes

Hello
Tank you for useful addon!
I found a small bug
Please check it

1 Like

Hello! Thanks! I will fix that in future update

1 Like

“Restore Materials” and “Clear Stored Face Maps” Buttons is hidden if current mode is “Replace”

What does this mean? what is replace mode? I can’t find any way to use the checker texture features you have.

Thanks.

as you can see . there are no options for checker maps at all…

3D view Panel, not UV Editor

Thankyou… the checker swapper on multi material meshes is a life saver!

1 Like

When i push set my TD, my header jumps to top :upside_down_face:

Hi. It’s a local problem. I can’t repeat this and have no reports from another people about this

What if you split header in two like on screenshot, and set header position to default in preferences

1 Like