Text in UPBGE

I use .txt files to show subtitles in the game
but the dots don’t work for example.
(á “”.) when I use dots in the text the text does not appear.

how can i solve this?

If you hide objects from view, yes. That will help boost performance, as the objects are not being rendered by the engine.
However, their logic is still active, unless their logic has been logic-culled somehow. There are several game functions that check, set, and logic activeness if you wish.

For both font maps and Text objects, you’ll want to use one that includes the characters that you want to show.

Try changing the font to a more standard one that includes more characters, like Calibri.

-edit-
I thought it was weird that RandomPerson’s response had nothing to do with the question as it is now. OP, if you want to ask new questions, then open a new thread rather than editing this one.

1 Like

Yeah, got a bit of a shock when I signed-in and saw an unrelated topic-starter to my post… :sweat_smile:

hm… may it be so due to him being unable to post new topics as i am. Should i call Bart.

No. This is common. At least for you. You must be in an individual game-engine category such as #game-engine:game-engine-support-and-discussion to start a thread in that category. Not the main game-engine category.

1 Like