TexTools for Blender

add-ons
free

(Juris Perkons) #341

Hello! I just want to say Thank You to Author(s) of this. I am new to Blender, so, exploring and learning a lot. Came across this, and - that looks a ton of possibilities AND Fun. Will be investigating this for sure.

(Vilem Duha) #342

Hi, I’m developer of the addon ‘Blender Tabs Interface’:

Some people who use my addon have a problem with your addon, since your panel drawing code does some non-standard things with the panel headers… Do you think you could actually fill the ‘bl_label’ value to have the name in it?

example fix is this (notice I removed the panel name drawing from draw_header. It draws fine here after this change…:

class Panel_Layout(bpy.types.Panel):
	bl_label = "UV Layout"
	bl_space_type = 'IMAGE_EDITOR'
	bl_region_type = 'TOOLS'
	bl_category = "TexTools"
	bl_options = {'DEFAULT_CLOSED'}

def draw_header(self, _):
		layout = self.layout
		row = layout.row(align=True)
		row.operator("wm.url_open", text="", icon='INFO').url = "http://renderhjs.net/textools/blender/index.html#uvlayout"
		#row.label(text ="UV Layout")

(anphung) #343

Can you add a Metal checkbox for Preview Texture? It would make it easier to look at bevels.

(sirmaxim) #344

Made a patch file for the Tabs Interface issue that appears to fix it. :wink:
init.py.patch (2.2 KB)

What’s up with the “Rectify” tool? Just seems to produce an error message on my end.

(royor) #346

this rectify always have an error sometimes it works sometimes its not so again I always rely on manual when it comes to this rectify method.

(Fracture64) #347

Awesome addon! Minor bug, but you used region background color for some of ui which kinda breaks expected behavior if you use alpha transparency in theme:

(1D_Inc) #348

Hi!)
We found another issue about Rectify tool.
Rectify multiple islands doesnot work in 2.79b, but works in 2.78.
Can you confirm that?

(SHABA1) #349

So we "the users have to copy and past this into some python file in the addon? Remember that most people that use blender are NOT coders/programers. They just want to get something done.

(Vilem Duha) #350

Hi Shaba. It wasn’t really meant for the users. I wanted to ask the developer to fix the issue. It’s just that by now, I can’t fix this immediately for people (since I’m not the dev of tex-tools), so it’s the only way to do this. I fix as much as I can directly in the addon.

(Tosky) #351

Addon is great but two useful tools should obtain their own shortcuts inside textools interface:

• stitch/sew
  • “sculpt uv” (for relaxing)

Cheers :sunny:

(abdoubouam) #352

I’m not sure if anyone would be interested, but I’ve improved a bit the “paint base” for a project I’m currently working on and made it a node group

paint base.blend (206.4 KB)

(Matt) #353

Is there a way to show a progress bar, while baking?

Currently it just sorta locks up for a good while/I’m not sure when it will be done. Unless I’m missing something?

(draguu) #354

any plans for 2.8 support?

(Ral Rigs) #355

Holly #### please support 2.8, im only 2.8 user now.

(Giakaama) #356

Hi, now that 2.8 it’s in " Beta " sort of … will you port the addon to 2.8 ? :slight_smile:

Thank you !

(Dzmitry) #357

probably better to let developers finalize UI for UV first… it’s still long time from release and “beta” status is worthless at this point.

(José Sena) #358

Not if the API is ready. In the future it can be updated to take advantage of the new features. of course it’s up to the creator but I think It’s better to update the add-on now and then just do some minor changes and fixes.
Tbh I don’t think they’ll change UV or texturing with all the other things they have planned for now.

(Blenux) #359

+1 on TexTools for Blender 2.8.

(TheYokai) #361

So I’m having issues with this plugin. It seems that the highpoly polycount of an object can’t exceed 200k without major performance issues, which basically makes baking from sculpts (or other imports) a real pain.

Also, one more for 2.8 support!