TexTools for Blender

that is generally how maps containing data get baked in general you would take the data then normalize it to 0 to 1 so that other programs can read it correctly, also when you go to use this map in your material shader the map is not calculated based on real measurements it’s normally some sort of grayscale value.

What do you mean? The radius of a bevel should be given in scene units - that’s how Blender’s bevel node works. I’m not talking about greyscale values.

Oh my bad i don’t use this addon for baking, so what your saying is that it has a setting for baking out bevels using the bevel node without actually setting one in the material and the options given for it are 0 to 1 for the bevel radius ?

Exactly right. Maybe it’s not working properly with 2.93?

It seems to be going off how the node it self works.

Which would allow for a radius above 1:
grafik

EDIT: I think I have to apologize, because it looks like the radius in the node isn’t in scene units either. But what unit is it in?

Yeah i was thinking that it might have something to do with how the slider works in blender python API or that he is doing some sort of math on it like multiply the original value by 1 then cap it at 1

I’m not to sure generally i just go in render mode and eyeball it.

Mh… updating from 2.93.1 to 2.93.2 fixed my non-bakes as well. It’s working now. Sorry for the drama :smiley:

EDIT: Heh, not the update was what fixed it, but switching from GPU baking to CPU baking. So: GPU baking is bugged.

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, I will increase the bake resolution and see if it does anything.

Thank you,

1 Like

There is, for example, a Low Poly Object (Sphere), and there are also 2 objects (Sphere with noise texture and Blender logo with transparency) from which I need to bake a map to this Low Poly Object. I can’t bake an object with transparency in any way. Is there any solution?

Did you try to make the same in the vanilla Blender baking system?

Yes, I tried. As I understand it, it is impossible to bake with transparency in TexTool in any way?

You tried, but it worked?
Anyway, you can set up the background color (with transparency) in the TexTools options, in the Preferences panel.

Sorry I didn’t write right away. No, it doesn’t work in a vanilla Blender. I tried to change the TexTool options in Preferences panel, but the background is also baked instead of transparency.

Basically, with this addon you’re just using the vanilla Blender baking system in a simplified way. No major features were added over it.

In TexTool, it is most convenient to bake textures. I understand that TexTool only greatly simplifies this process, so I asked here because I thought I missed something. After reading various forums, I realized that it is impossible to bake textures with transparency in Blender by default.

A bit off topic (but still related to Blender UV tools):

2 Likes

Is it just me or roughness doesn’t get baked correctly so you need to tweak gamma?

Without gamma tweak, looks off:

With gamma tweak, looks a lot closer to highpoly:

Addon version - 1.4.4

Can somebody please explain how to use UV Smoothing? As far as I can tell it just changes the mesh’s Auto Smooth angle to 180.