TexTools for Blender

free
add-ons
(PixelPete) #141

And another epic update! Thank you sir!
The “Dust” baker gives the same result as the “Cavity” baker, which is a nice cavity map. Is it just me?

Also the baked Cavity map shows a checkered underlayer:

(Tosky) #142

We must install the UVSquares addon, or that feature just works fine even if UVSquares isn’t installed?

(realeyez) #143

Awesome update. Peel Edge and Rectify are absolutely invaluable tools in a game dev pipeline, thank you for these.

(fiendish55) #144

Discovered today this kinda uv tools that could be in inspiration for textools https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDOP6d-Fkdw

I specially like the match uv feature that makes “badly” stacked uv island to identical.

(renderhjs) #145

Just heads up:
The cavity and Dust bake modes are not working correctly in the latest build, a fix is on its way.

(renderhjs) #146

@stanley82

With new scene in Blender, when I hit checker to see checker on model it changes the mode of viewport to Texture, but I cannot see the checker on model.

Yes it appears that the Belnder Game Engine does not work as expected (I assume this is what you used?). I do not really want to support that render engine as its likely to be obsolete in the near future. At the moment I try to cover Cycles render engine & viewport and the Blender render engine and it’s viewport.

When I hit Rectify I get this error message:

Do you have a sample model? I might have to swap out the underlying code sooner rather than later.

And when I try to bake id map I get black texture.

This has been fixed with 0.9.7

@wuren

Is it possible to add “Export UV Layout” to TexTools ?

It has been on my mind as another bake mode. The current Blender export UV layout is actually a python script that generates a PNG image, so it is different from the baking process. I have to think about how I want to integrate it.

@MmAaXx

I tried to donate something from japan, but it looks like it is impossible… sorry.
Don’t worry I am not in it for the money though its always appreciated. Spreading the word or crediting TexTools in your works would also be much appreciated.

@pitiwazou

On the checker map feature, maybe click a third time to remove it.
I actually had that in the 3dsMax version: The 3rd click would restore the original material. Perhaps I might add the mode to remove it instead like you suggested.

@realeyez

Awesome update. Peel Edge and Rectify are absolutely invaluable tools in a game dev pipeline, thank you for these.

your welcome

@fiendish55
Yes a tool to stack UV islands is on my list, it has been on my list for the 3dsMax version for a long time as well. The tricky part is to have an algorithm that is reliable to detect topology and orientation.

Update Version 0.9.7

Download & Documentation
http://renderhjs.net/textools/blender/

What’s new

Bug fixes: Cavity map and worn map are working again

Create Atlas:

Creates a single material with a texture atlas of each color. Each face’s UV maps the color of the texture. This conversation is useful for realtime graphics such as Games or VR.

Preview Texture
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4648/40089317711_ed3d23f2cd_o.png
Preview the current background image of the Image/UV Editor as a texture on the selected object.

Selection bake mode
http://renderhjs.net/textools/blender/images/bake_mode_selection.png
Bakes the face selection as a black and white mask. Here is the new bake mode in action

(stanley82) #147

@renderhjs

Yes it appears that the Belnder Game Engine does not work as expected (I assume this is what you used?). I do not really want to support that render engine as its likely to be obsolete in the near future. At the moment I try to cover Cycles render engine & viewport and the Blender render engine and it’s viewport.

I never use blender game engine to render viewport. Blender render or Cycles. In Cycles it works. In Blender render as described before. The scene is saved when I pressed Checker Map and returned to edit mode. This is actually also something to consider if it is necessary to change Object X Edit mode.

Do you have a sample model? I might have to swap out the underlying code sooner rather than later.

In attachment you can find sample scene.

Thank you for your answer.

rectifyErrorMessage.blend (523 KB)

(nBurn) #148

Blender’s current internal renderer is most likely going to disappear after 2.79. I think the Blender dev plan is to have Eevee become the “new” Blender Render / Blender Internal.

(Cyaoeu) #149

Rectify fails if you’ve got too many faces because parse_island() is a recursive function (RecursionError: maximum recursion depth exceeded in comparison). Could this be made into an iterative function instead?

Could you Add a bevel pass? I know that could appear strange, but a “general bevel” is a good texture that I eed a lot of times and a automatic bake about it could be great.

(LukasCub) #151

I want to ask why when I download the latest version after installing shows version 0.9.5 and not 0.9.7? Thank you for your response

(LukasCub) #152

I want to ask why when I download the latest version after installing shows version 0.9.5 and not 0.9.7? Thank you for your response

(Dzmitry) #153

Was hoping for Blender TexTools ever since I switched to it form Max. Thank you so much for working on it. It should definitely make to add-ons that come with Blender by default.

(renderhjs) #154

@stanley82 thanks for the sample for will have a look before the next release to see if i can fix the issue.

@LukasCub apologies i have been sloppy and did forget in that version to update the version number. I was hot patching issues and tried to get a version or as soon as possible- obviously i missed things.

. Rectify fails if you’ve got too many faces because parse_island() is a recursive function (RecursionError: maximum recursion depth exceeded in comparison). Could this be made into an iterative function instead?
yeah i am not happy with the code right now. An iterative behavior would be good indeed. Have to see what to do with it.

The upcoming 1.0.0 version will have some major bake improvements like restoring of previous materials for baked objects or allowing multiple high, low or cage objects by grouping or parenting objects.

A new convert color id to vertex color option
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4764/25278459337_864ef78b10_o.gif

At some point there will be an option to also read from vertex colors into Color ID, but that will follow in a future version.

There is also an upcoming new bake mode: Material ID
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4710/39438478134_593797b990_o.png

I am aiming to release 1.0.0 this weekend

(juliocargnin) #155

I’m loving this tool, renderhjs.
I’ve used during this week and still have much more to learn to take the most from it. Thank you for this great tool!

(renderhjs) #156

Some more upcomming changes for Version 1.0.0

Online help buttons for each section of tools
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4745/25291713947_11ed1114c2_o.png

After great feedback from Jakro at the Polycount forums I changed the [B]AO bake mode from Cycles to [B]Blender Render with normalized enabled. The results are much smoother AO bakes with less samples and a much more even gradient distribution.

An improved Color ID creation from exisitng mesh elements and conversion to other color sets. If more colors existed previously exceeding elements are cycled through the new color range.
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4659/26290805008_99139cb2c8_o.gif[/B][/B]

(AnadinX) #157

I know this won’t be an issue for another 8-12 months but won’t you have to go back to Cycles AO with 2.8?

(renderhjs) #158

@anadin: Not an issue, the cycles mode can be enabled again with 1 variable change. When I reworked the baking code structure I added a dictionary with all of the bake mode configurations.

It makes these things easier to fix when 2.8 is stable and out, so not worried at this point.

(ambi) #159

Any plans on making a baking option to transfer textures from one UV to another?

(AnadinX) #160

w00t! loving the add-on so far - thanks so much for this