Texture Baking WILL NOT WORK

Hello All!

This is my first post but I have been using blender for about 2 years now and it never ceases to amaze me how unintuitive texture baking is. I am currently trying to bake textures of an object but it isn’t working. Every time I do it, the bake image is black. However, when I create a new file and do the steps over exactly, I am able to bake. So I think it is some option that I have turned on or off that I am unaware of that is causing the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Wecome :tada:,
yes baking is not easy… i’m doing it not so often and lately was surprised how easy it was with the Principled Baker addon. You may have alook here on BA:

There is also the textools addon for easy baking.

Now I can see the bake but it is really dark. Do you know why this might be? I flipped the normals a few times, set the metalic value to 0, am using diffuse with only the color box checked in the bake settings and I am in Cycles CPU. I’m totally at a loss. There isn’t any object overlaying it either.

there’s one thing amazing blender can do that other software can’t, that’s you can bake subsurface scattering skin texture and capture all the details.

even zbrush and other 3d software can’t bake sss skin texture

Only tip one could give: follow docu and tutorials. Because you haven’t given any settup info or image (showing any setups)… there are many sources for texture bakes : shader, light , occlusion, displacement, normal… to name some…

try emission from the texture instead of diffuse. set emission to 1