Texture based version of A.N.T

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

I’ve made a small change to test for the error you encountered, and replaced the txa_ant_2_81_3.zip file with the modified version:

txa_ant_2_81_3.zip

The error was related to an empty material, and I can think of a few reasons why this might have happened. If you wouldn’t mind removing the old version, and installing this replacement, I’d appreciate it.

It may give a different error, or issue. If it seems to work, perhaps try adding a second landscape with a different material and see if that works.

Thanks!

2 Likes

In a quick test, the addon works now, thanks!! :ok_hand:
I’ll continue testing it.

I found some issues:

1. When you push Mesh Displace button with ant mesh selected it appears an error message:

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/User/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.82/scripts/addons/txa_ant/mesh_ant_displace.py", line 595, in invoke
    return self.execute(context)
  File "/Users/User/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.82/scripts/addons/txa_ant/mesh_ant_displace.py", line 692, in execute
    x = meshsize_x * (i / (tex_size_x - 1) - 1 / 2)
NameError: name 'meshsize_x' is not defined

2. The Invert button (Landscape Noise Panel) is empty, there isn’t text for the button.

Empty button

Thanks for the testing. I’ll have a look these issues and straighten out the UI a little.

I done a tidy up of the UI to fix a few things, and remove a few buttons that no longer have a function.
In particular, I’ve restored the function of the main presets on the re-do page that are help in demonstrating the range of landscapes that can be made. I also changed the default noise basis from ‘Perlin’ to ‘Blender’ due to the little bugs in the perlin function.

ANT Presets

At the moment, there isn’t a link between the main presets and the erosion and material presets. I might have a look at this. For example, it would be handy if when you selected ‘Volcano’ from the main presets to get a volcano shaped landscape, it selected a volcano texture.

For fun, I added another material - desert:

This is just the default landscape with strata set to 5 and desert material added with the erosion tab.

The download link is here:
txa_ant_2_81_4.zip

2 Likes

Thank you for this. I’m a great fan of ANT addon and this suits something missing. Keep it up!