Texture Folder Location???

I have some textures I want to add to Blender’s texture folder. How can I locate it on an iMac? I’m using Vers 2.68, but when I search my hard drive, I find User Name/Library/App Support/Blender, then folders for 2.55, 2.56, 2.57 and 2.68; however each only leads to a Config folder. Can I delete all but the 2.68?

I also can locate, under User Name/Documents, a folder named Blender 2.57b-osx_10.5_i386, that leads to folders named Include, Sequence and Texture. Since I have Vers. 2.68, can this file be deleted?

Obviously, I’m quite confused by iMac and/or Blender folder structuring process - need help!!!

(1) How can I locate the Texture file for Vers. 2.68
(2) Can I delete all those other files

Thanks for any help!!!

(1) How can I locate the Texture file for Vers. 2.68
Location of what textures ?

(2) Can I delete all those other files
Yes

Blender File Directory http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Introduction/Installing_Blender/DirectoryLayout

Thanks for the link…deleted other versions and all seems to work well. So, it appears Blender has no “folders”, other than Config, and any folder links are established within Preferences??? Is this correct?

Thanks again!

Can someone confirm this for me? Are there no designated “folders” in Blender, except for those linked through Preferences??

If you unpack textures from a .blend blender will create a folder called textures, I think its location is dependent on where the .blend is saved to at the time you unpack. IF you are talking about that folder, and not the default location specified in prefs/file where Blender looks for textures when you ask it to load a texture… If you are moving things around on your hard drive and you want to keep everything in a folder that belongs to that project the relative filepath is what you want… but links become broken without apparent reason sometimes.

It’s not really clear what you’re asking for here. Are you trying to find the place where all built-in textures are kept, like Clouds or Voronoi Crackle? Those are generated by algorithm, so there’s no texture file associated with them. If you’re not talking about image textures that you yourself have created for a specific .blend file, that’s the only thing I can think of that you might be talking about.

I think I know what he’s looking for. If you want to keep a folder of your own re-usable textures, create it yourself and put them in, say, Documents or Pictures and designate Blender to look for them there in User Prefs.

Cheers

Thanks, GLakie. That’s what I was looking for. I have some textures and didn’t know if there was a “Texture Folder” within Blender’s hierarchy that I should add them to, or simply do as you suggested. I just wanted all textures to be in the same folder.

Thanks again!