Texture Issue

So im puting textues on my models, but aftr a while when i reload the file, the textures al of a sudden disappear, leaving a pink colour on all of the faces, im just not sure how to get those textures back, it a complicated object and i dont wan to re texture the whole thing, can soeone help

Thanks

Click File–> Pack Data before you save.

All your UV mapping should still be there even if there’s no image. So all you have to do (hopefully) is reload the image.

EDIT: To avoid this problem in the future be sure that Auto Pack is on (little Christmas present on the UV/Image editor). To be on the safe side, always pack your data before saving.

hope this helps.

Yeah I have had that happen too, its very odd, that glowing pink is a nasty bright color.

This happens if you move textures to another folder after you have assigned them in Blender. So, if you have to change texture locations remember to pack data (File-menu) first.

in the scripts button window, look for a python script called fix broken paths.
Most of the time it will fix things for you…

I will Never,ever,ever understand why blender handles textures this way.
Why cant it just look in the root folder of the .blend, and if it cannot find the texture, automatically give the user the option to run the script.

I think someone has already mentioned this, but you can make your .blend file into a Gzip archive by simply using the auto pack feature . It will package all the external files into the .blend file. (which is actually a Gzip file now, you can open and examine it with 7zip)

I think someone has already mentioned this, but you can make your .blend file into a Gzip archive by simply using the auto pack feature . It will package all the external files into the .blend file. (which is actually a Gzip file now, you can open and examine it with 7zip)

i have tried to rename a blend into blend.Gzip , and open it with 7z archiver , and it showed text instead of the contents …

how can you explain that ? thanks …