Texture Paint in Rendered Mode

I am trying to make a body suit for a character, and there were some parts I wanted to paint. So I used texture paint and I can see the changes in texture paint mode/ texture view, but it will not transfer to object mode or in render mode/ render view. Anyone know what I am missing?

Attachments

Does the material of the character use the same texture you are painting ?
No blend file supplied so cannot check

I’ve just been having exactly the same problem: neither Render view nor full renders ever use the edited texture, even if I switch out of Render view and back.

I accidentally stumbled upon this fix: pack the image into the .blend file (UV editor > Image > Pack Image). Now, at least for the file I’m working on, the Render view is updated at the end of every brush stroke in the UV window, and full renders also use the updated texture.

As far as I know, this is just a magic spell that happens to work. I can’t see any reason why Blender should work like this, and it looks like a bug. I’m using 2.77a on an iMac.

I’ve just been having exactly the same problem: neither Render view nor full renders ever use the edited texture, even if I switch out of Render view and back.

I accidentally stumbled upon this fix: pack the image into the .blend file (UV editor > Image > Pack Image). Now, at least for the file I’m working on, the Render view is correctly updated at the end of every brush stroke in the UV window, and full renders also use the updated texture.

As far as I know, this is just a magic spell that happens to work. I can’t see any reason why Blender should work like this, and it looks like a bug. I’m using 2.77a on an iMac.