Texture Paint Plus

Thank you Crouch.

Bart: thanks, I downloaded and built 42220 and it worked very well, thanks again.

Mike

http://sites.google.com/site/bartiuscrouch/images/tpp_logo_small.png
Bugfix version: 1.24

Bugfixes

• ‘Consolidate images’ functionality was broken by API changes, fixed for Blender 2.61
  • Several small bugs with warning messages not displaying correctly

Download
You can find the add-on, along with the full documentation on this webpage.

great addon
thank you

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a happy new year Crouch :slight_smile:
Thanks for the scripts my friend.
Cheers,
~Tung

@Crouch , thanks for the fixes/update :slight_smile:

Thank you for this great plugin, could you add a curve/path draw tool?

Great, great addon, improves the texture paint mode a lot and many little functions that are very helpfull and usefull.
Thank you very much.

Good point. How would you propose to solve it?
It might be possible to remap “sample colour” to “left mouse” when face selection masking is enabled, but I’m not a big fan of hotkeys that change depending on a specific setting.

I think you can actually remove this function because in Blender 2.62 i just disabled every addons to test something and noticed that now by default in Texture Paint mode right clicking will sample the color under the cursor (same as what Texture Paint Plus was doing), while not conflicting with the right click selection in face masking.

I don’t know when it was added in trunk though, but it’s there.

hi, i’m relatively new to blender (im using the newest official Blender 2.62 / win7 64-bit).

after some basic modelling uv-mapping, mapping in general and of course learning navigation/interface i wanted to play around with the textur-paint-mode.
immediately i stumpled over your great addon.

my problem: the addon or especially straight lines works great after i activate the addon but if i save user prefs and restart blender the next time i’m using straight lines blender crashes with the following error message:

Error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Username\Appdata\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.62\scripts\addons exture_paint_plus_124.py” , line 1293, in invoke
(self, context), ‘POST_PIXEL’)
TypeError: callback_add():first argument isn’nt callable

any idea how to solve this ?
thx

I am getting this error…
File “C:\Users`\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.60\scripts\addons exture_paint_plus_124.py”, line 840, in invoke
composite_image = consolidate_copy_images(width, height, props.consolidate_alpha, image_map, props.consolidate_filename, props.consolidate_fileformat, restrict_name)
File “C:\Users`\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.60\scripts\addons exture_paint_plus_124.py”, line 46, in consolidate_copy_images
old_format = bpy.context.scene.render.image_settings.file_format
AttributeError: ‘RenderSettings’ object has no attribute ‘image_settings’

Is it possible to make the straight line option work in vertex Paint?

cheers Dave

sir, just a question, do this stuff also have the “SPOTLIGHT”-like feature, like zbrush, where the user see the preview of the image that will be painted over the mesh…?

I am REALLY looking forward to using this - I’m trying to move to 2.6 for my pipeline, but coming from 2.4 I’m really missing the consolidate image functionality.

I’ve given it a quick try on 2.63 and am getting this - is this me, or perhaps an API difference?

File “/Users/bobdurie/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.63/scripts/addons/texture_paint_plus_124.py”, line 847, in invoke
consolidate_update_textures(textures, uv_layers, image_map, composite_image, restrict_name)
File “/Users/bobdurie/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.63/scripts/addons/texture_paint_plus_124.py”, line 376, in consolidate_update_textures
pin_uv = mface.pin_uv
AttributeError: ‘MeshTexturePoly’ object has no attribute ‘pin_uv’

I have some familiarity with Python so I’ll dig in and see if I can fix it but any help anyone can offer would be appreicated.

I think I see whats going on here… sometime including 2.63 the Mesh.uv_textures changed from a MeshTextureFaceLayer to a MeshTexturePolyLayer, and with it loses all the great UV properties of the Face. I’ll keep digging until I can find out where they went and how the script should be adjusted to support 2.63+.

I made some minor changes to the script to make at least the consolidate images work with blender 2.65. If the author or anyone else would like them I’m more than happy to share, but the updates were mostly hacks for my specific purposes.

Is this GPL? I can’t seem to find the license anywhere. Thanks! Looks great BTW!

I would be happy if you could share your 2.65 ready script. Thanks a lot

+1 i would appreciated that as well