Texture paint problem, missing contrast

I wanted to texture paint my model but the problem is that the contrast is missing. You can see in the image that its just impossible to do a good job here.

Is it a bug or am i missing something?
It is just in texture paint mode and in object mode it looks like it should

In the 3d view, menu on top, click on Display overlays (two circles, one white). Change the opacity under Texture paint, like in the screenshot:

1 Like

okay that solves it… but do you know for what it is good? In 2.79 this feature wasnt there.

Not sure what it is good for but I can imagine that under certain circumstances you want to know “exactly, ehm” with what color you painting without interference of highlights, shadows, etc. I said ehm, because we might deal with issues like view transform, color management, calibration of monitor, color profiles, hex-values etc?

1 Like

Jep. color managment is messed up when you can pick a value between 0-100% thats also the reason i dont understand why you would put it to 100%…

But thanks for the info!

1 Like

I would assume that this is for a albedo type feedback, where you can maintain consistency in the color map as you’re painting it, since the shading will be provided by the lighting and surface qualities of the material and object shape. If one is able to see this while painting, you may adjust colors or values to compensate for what your eye is telling you, which is something you won’t do if provided with flat color information. However, you can always choose what’s best for you.

1 Like