Texture painted mesh wont bake

Hi all, when I make a test mountain sceen with a plain (subdivided and subsurfed) and unwrap within the new image in the uv editor and then use texture paint with a grass picture in the “texture” panel and paint it I cant bake with the texture setting as all it does is makes the uv grey and the mesh grey. I have enabled GLSL/multitexture and both solid/texture in the view port shading with a good lamp/hemi or two. I can actualy see my painted mesh in the 3d view port (but baking with full render and texture wont apply it in the uv image editor or 3d view). I have been able to bake vertex paint colours, materials and procedural textures but nothing works with texture paint. Thanks and regards Shaun.

and unwrap within the new image in the uv editor and then use texture paint with a grass picture in the “texture” panel and paint it I cant bake with the texture setting as all it does is makes the uv grey and the mesh grey.
Have you applied this painted texture to the material of the object ? Or are you only looking at it in the image editor window.

Upload your blend file to http://www.pasteall.org/blend/ and tell us the download link.
Remember to save your texture and pack it in the blend file (File / External Data) or you’ll be wasting our time.

Hi Richard Marklew I have experemented to work this out and in this wiki page http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Textures/Painting/Projection at the bottom it says this about texture painting “Overlapping UVs are not supported (as with texture baking).” so what I wanted to try is not supported and it is not realy needed as the image is there in the UV editor after texture painting and the image can be saved within the UV editor, but another reason for the option being there that is useful is to texture paint a mesh and apply a procedural texture at the same time then bake it, this works but im only getting one face of the procedural texture in the bake for now so I fix this buy doing it the long way -> texture paint -> save image in UV editor -> make procedural texture and add new UV editor image-> bake and save image -> add both images in mesh texture panel. Im at a newbie level still but so far what I have learnt is better then any game playing I have had in years and this is the best adventure “game” worth completing! Thanks for your reply post.