Texture Painting Over Base Layer That Has Mapping Scale Applied

I really do appreciate your help bandages. I completely understand that Node Setup you posted. I’m just trying to add in a few steps. What I am specifically trying to do is make a landscape and then texture paint paths/dirt roads. This is something I need to accomplish one way or another.

Previous thread:

Originally, I was stencil painting textures over other image textures, it worked fine. But, that was at a 1 to 1 scale. Here’s an example of a basic results which was fine for that particular scene/size. And that stencil painted road was straight I need to make curved paths as well. Which is what started this whole mess.

The problem started as soon as I wanted to make bigger scenes and used a mapping node to scale the “base” ground texture. The repeating tile pattern was obscured by the foliage so it wasn’t a problem. But, then my texture painted paths were also tiling, stopped me cold in my tracks.

I figured I could combine all these newly learned techniques into doing what I did before, but it’s a VERY specific series of doing the right things in the right order and with the correct nodes to make this work. To the experienced easy, to someone coming to Blender from other 3D apps, not so much.

Now, everything I try fails because I am consistently missing one step or node setup.

I’m getting close to giving up at this method and just going back to exporting a top down render and painting everything in Photoshop and creating an all-in-one texture there. It’s what I did in other 3D apps. Was really hoping to do this all in Blender, but…it’s a very steep learning curve.