Texture Problem, I Cant Texture!!!

First of all, my Blender is screwed up or sumthing. My version of Blender (2.45), is messed up. It keeps an Command prompt window open during my use of blender and it says some scripts may not run. :mad:
Heres my texture problem:
I do everything the tutorials say, bla bla bla. I add material, I get my texture, (an image). I do simple texture, not UV. then i have the image texture loaded, and i render. doesnt show up, no matter how much light i show! everything is as its supposed to be. even regular textures(cloud) dont even work. just shows a stupid gray shape in render window. PLEASE HELP!:eek::eek:

Ok, in the first place, your copy of Blender is not screwed up. The command prompt window is supposed to stay open, and it tells you some scripts may not run because you haven’t installed python yet. Install python, and that message will go away, and the python scripts will show up in the menus for you to use (they are mainly conveniences, Blender works fine without them.)

Materials change from time to time, if you’re not using a current tutorial, your results may be off. Try this one: Materials and Textures in Blender.

For more responsive advice, post some screenshots or renders of what’s happening, and maybe a picture of your materials buttons window.

ok ill get some pics tommorow, and im looking at the most current tutorial: Blender 3D: Noob to Pro

Ok, im soooo sorry for what im about to say. ANY1 that sees this thread, plz don’t laugh, but feel free to.

I had the ‘disable textures’ button pressed down the whole time. dont get mad at me for wasting your time, and yea, i now am going to put myself in denial for my stupidity.
Heed my word for those who dont see textures: MAKE SURE THAT THE DISABLE TEXTURES BUTTON ISN’T PRESSED DOWN(IN RENDER SECTION)
-n00bhaxor