Textures and Particles in the GE

My friends and I have been playing around with blender in our EAST class at school. We decided to mess around with the game engine, however, we have a slight problem:

Whenever we hit ‘P’ and play-test the game, the objects lose the textures we put on them, and the colors we made them are slightly warped. Changing the viewport to textured view fixes the problem slightly, but only slightly.

I suppose what I would most like to know is if there is a way to make the objects in the GE look more like the objects after they’re been rendered, hopefully including particles, and if so, how.

Note: We do not have administrative privileges, and this has caused some other problems with blender (such as it crashing when you save, for some reason) so this may be the cause, but I have no way to check.

You cannot use particles in the GE, but you can fake them with textures.

For your textures and material, try checking the “Use Blender Materials” button (In the User preferences window>>Game>>Use Blender MAterials) I’ve never used it so I dont know if it helps. If it doesn’t, then UV Map your models instead of using materials. Tut on UV mapping (and a whole bunch of other things):http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual