Texturing a cube...

Hi,

I’m simply trying to apply the same image to each side of a cube.

I am using UV unwrap->cube projection to do this, but am getting weird results. Although all looks good in the editor window in ‘texture’ viewport shading mode, when I go to render (or in ‘rendered’ viewport shading mode) the edges of the top are ‘smeared’ down the sides of the cube (although the top looks fine).

If I select the stretched face and look at it’s UV mapping in the image editor, it appears to be OK, ie: it’s mapped to a square area the size of the image (although not actually ‘on’ the image - it’s to the left, but so are the top face UVs. Texture repeat is on).

What on earth am I doing wrong here?!?

UV stuff is pretty, erm, challenging!

Bye!
Mark

Are you by any chance using a very small texture? If you don’t have the right Filter on it, it could cause the image to become blurry or appear “smeared down”. In any case, do you have a blend file of the problem occurring that you could share?

Just select the whole cube in Edit Mode and hit U > Unwrap, with no marked seams. It will stack all the sides and map everything perfectly. Make sure the Mapping Coordinates are set to “UV” too.

Although all looks good in the editor window in ‘texture’ viewport shading mode, when I go to render…

-> see Vicky’s suggestion of set Mapping to UVs.