Texturing Buildings

Hey guys, how would you go about texturing a building? I’m not exactly sure how I should unwrap it, because it has balconies and windows with extrusions that go inward. My guess is that I use seams to seperate all the walls and windows and balconies from each other and paint clones to get rid of bad looking seams.

Ya, you will need to make seams so that each side of the building will unfold as flat to the UV space as possible. But on the other hand, you can just use “Smart UV Project” and let Blender create it. You don’t need a seam to do that. It all depends on what you want to do for texturing and how your building components are put togather.

This may be of use http://www.blendercookie.com/2010/03/28/unwrapping-a-building-part-01/

I’ve watched that before, but I was wondering about more of the main part of the building since I’m getting strange results, but thanks for the link!

I’ve tried smart UV Project, but its still displaying weird stretch results for some reason :confused:
I also tried seperating each side and detail components such as windows and balconies with seams, but I’m still getting odd stretch results, because of unproportional unwraps. Project from view is also giving me unproportionate sides to. :confused:

Nevermind, found out the problem. Apparently, you have to apply scale and such for the textures to unwrap correctly. But thanks a whole bunch anyways.