That Rock Paper Scissor Game! (Demo coming soon!!! :) )

Really awesome. It’s nice to see you take the suggestions to heart, I don’t see that very often on the forums.

I hope to see more (:

Yea buddy Linkxgl! I love making games but i do this for the eventual payoff that you all will play and enjoy! However, as we all know, when we are working on a game and we get too close to it, it can be hard to see things that could make it better from the players stand point! The great this about this community is that there are awesome people that will tell ya what would make this game better! That acts as a extra sense of awareness that will cover any blind spots we have as a developer! your input was very useful and thanks so much for your recommendations! Please keep them coming!!! :slight_smile:

Hello Yall! i just noticed while working in the BGE 2.64a that there is some lag issue when spawning objects into the scene :frowning: has anyone else experienced this problem and know of any work around?

Hey hey Yall! just wanted to make a quick update to that Rock Paper Scissor Game im working on with a brand new trailer!!! I hope you all enjoy!!! :slight_smile:

Hey hey Yall! just wanted to give yall another update to That Rock Paper Scissor Game!

That Rock Paper Scissor game now supports and Xbox360 controller as well as a keyboard! Check out the how this improves the feel of gameplay!!! :slight_smile:

Hey hey everyone! I just wanted to share what ive been working on recently. I made a few new changes to That Rock, Paper, Scissor Game! by adding Interpolation navigation, improving the HUD and adding respawn animation! Thanks for checking in and if you would like to follow development of this game as its happening you can consider liking the Facebook page, following us on Twitter and or subscribing to this channel at the links below! Thanks again for watching yall!!! :slight_smile:

Main Page = http://www.philosoplay.com/
Facebook = https://www.facebook.com/Philosoplay?ref=hl
Twitter = https://twitter.com/Philosoplay
Youtube Channel = https://www.youtube.com/user/Philosoplay

Just got off a 7 hour drive! now its time to put in that work! haaha im tryin to get the characters logic bricks and scripts optimized as much as possible before Tuesdays play-test at Microsoft in NYC!!!

Hey your game is looking good, and I bet it would be fun to play too.
SF to NYC in 7 hours is pretty good time haha. Seriously though your game is looking great, and good luck!

Hey hey phil! Thanks so much for you kindness! I hope you all find the game to be fun!!! Oops sorry I forgot to change my address! I live just outside of Washington DC since jan hehehehe! I’ll update that soon!!! :slight_smile:

Hey hey yall! Just wanted to share the great news! Hey hey Yall! the mini documentary of my video game company and its journey to the Microsoft Offices in New York City is finally here!!! Please check it out and let me know what ya think! also follow, like or subscribe to the links below to get up to date progress as it happens!! Thanks you so much and enjoy the show!!!

Hey yall! would anyone happen to have or know any tile based A* path-finding algorithms made for the BGE that doesn’t use the steering tool. Im looking to have a AI character move in only 4 directions and to the shortest distance from the target player. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :slight_smile:

i found a video of the proper type of A* pathfinding im looking for but im not sure how to great the tiles in blender. would anyone happen to have a demo of A* kind of like this but within the BGE or at least know how to go about building something like the tile based system in BGE! i think i would be able to continue from this tutorial if i just know how to build the tiles! Thanks so much for looking at this video oh and please fast forward to 8:30 in the video to see the reference im talking about!

Thanks again
Tony!

The tiles are pure Python code and just represented in the game world. If you make a tile every position in Blender, and then check via rayCast() functions, for example, to see if locations are unavailable or not, then you should be able to work with it.

hey thanks salor I’ve been doing a bit of reading about the subject and you’re totally right I have to build the grid out of pure Python codeI’ll give that a try now thanks again bro

Hey hey Yall! Wow its been too long since i updated this thread on the latest development of “That Rock Paper Scissor Game!” There has been significant progress on this game and ill have to make a new dev log showing all the changes that has been made over the last 3 months! Ive been taking the game to events like showcases, demo and playtesting events to get more and more feedback on the game and id like to share with yall some of the responses ive been getting on this game!!! :slight_smile:

Play-Testing event at the Microsoft offices in Cambridge Massachusetts -

Showcase event at the GameScape event of the ArtScape Festival in Baltimore Maryland -

I hope yall enjoy the video and can see the progress made so far! ill be putting together a dev log of the current state of the game soon as well!!! :slight_smile:

Hey hey yall! It has been a while since the last update but I’ve been hard at work on “That Rock Paper Scissor Game!”. A big update video is coming soon showcasing a lot of changes this game has undergone! There is still tons of work to do on this game but we are well on our way to releasing a demo for play testing and critic.
We are planning to submit this game to steam green light by late November. Then we are releasing on steam early access until its complete in late Q1 2015 for PC Mac a Linux!!! :slight_smile: More info to come soon so stay tuned and happy blending!!! :slight_smile:

Heres the September 2014 Developer Log 9 showcasing many new changes to TRPSG both on and off screen.

HEy hey yall! Brand new updates for “That Rock Paper Scissor Game!” is here! Ive been working on new levels for the game last week and i wanted to share the progress!

Boxing Ring

NYC inspired Central Park

Ill be working on improving the aesthetics of the menu system next so i can wrap up a demo for this game by the end of the month! then ill be creating trailers for steam green light! Please stay tuned for more info on the Facebook, Twitter or Youtube links below!!! :slight_smile:

Hey hey great news today! Brand new developer log on That Rock Paper Scissor Game! is up on youtube!!!
This new update include a new menu system as well as 2 new levels like a Boxing Arena as well as a New York City/Central Park inspired level! Please have a look when you have a min and let me know what ya think!!!

p.s. As always please consider following on twitter, liking on facebook or subscribing on youtube to get the latest news on “That Rock, Paper, Scissor Game!”

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/Philosoplay
FaceBook - www.facebook.com/Philosoplay
Twitter - https://twitter.com/Philosoplay

Excellent! finally have those re-bind-able keys in That Rock Paper Scissor Game! even though this game is best played wit ha controller, for those that rather play with a keyboard, its nice to have this option should they choose to change their controls.!!! :slight_smile:

Soon ill be adding more audio to the game in the way of an fight announcer that calls whats going on in the game as well as other sound effects that are happening in the game!