The 8th Plague

Invasion of mutant Locust.

1 Like

Looks ok, but needs work. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for your comment.

Your welcome man! If you whant me to explain how to improve just say, and I’ll help the best I can.

1 Like

Thanks, yes if you want to give some feedback about how i can improve it please let me now.

Sorry I didn’t get a notification.
So first your trees look good, but the ones on the left need more undergrowth.
the tree stumps look ok, to improve them you can use an ambient occlusion node to add dirt on the bottom.
Next, you need to add grass. I don’t know how good your hardware is for rendering large particle systems.
I’d also mix multiple textures together for the ground. To do this, you can use a noise node as the factor on a mix shader.
Also, the flames throwers are not casting light on the environment, I recommended watching some videos of flame throwers .

Also, get some good reference when modeling your assets. It will help a lot.
I find watching time lapses off other people working can really teach you useful skills,
Hope this helped. If you more help just say, just make sure to hit the reply button on my comment.
Check out my latest project, and you can see some technics I mentioned. :+1:

1 Like

I was looking at your other work; it looks good. I was assuming you were a beginer based on this post.
how do you produce your projects so fast?

1 Like

Thanks for your comments. I will study the one you gave on the plague project. First of all i got a lot of spare time to indulge me into the blender world. I use a lot of premade models and kitbashes for my projects. For me it’s not about modelling or making everything from scratch. For me it’s visualising my own fantasy images into a digital work. Besides that there are a lot of addons that can speed up the workflow quit a bit. And i allways keep in mind, i think something i heard the blender Guru once said if a work takes too much time (say a week) then it’s maybe better to leave it and move on…So i’m not a beginner but feedback is allways welcome to improve my skills on this. Like the most i think i thaught it myself and spending a lot of hours on blender can improve my skills in the future i think.

2 Likes

Thanks! I make almost all of my models, except for vegetation.
I mostly do hard surface work, so I model a vehicle or something, and then render it in a scene.
I found nobody gave me much feedback when I was really a beginner, so I try to help new artists out. :smiley:

2 Likes