The Art Of War

I have submitted this to the Suzanne Awards this year, in a vain attempt to win a golden monkey. I’ve always wanted a golden monkey.

A quick recap for first-time viewers, George is the blue alien, and the ant-thing is called Andy. They want to play ping pong (table tennis).

You may have seen this in the WIP forum a few weeks back. So here is the finished version. Please let me know what you all think…

http://george.plexersoft.com/art-of-war.wmv (9.63MB .wmv download)

You know what I think, but it deserves a reply here too… funky ! :smiley:
Just love those expressions on George.

Few weeks back ? You posted it the other day…

Haahhhaaa

Great Job Hilarious

Hehe, that’s cool :D!

haha, thats awesome!
Good luck at the awards!

This is so awesome! I want more!! :stuck_out_tongue:

This has such a great story!! and perfect music!! Only thing that’d need improvement is the animation itself. And personally, I’d end the movie when the tank fires, and leave it as it is. But that’s just a personal preference, though…

Lovely! Hilarious!

• Bentagon

it was so funny i had to come back and watch it again weeks later. Great job again.

Hey man, funny stuff! I laughed pretty hard… not a good idea to do when you work in a library (well… this place is pretty dead at the moment, and the volume is only audible within a two foot radius, so I’m not slacking that badly :wink: ).

It seems clear to me that you could use some work on your modeling. I anticipate that once you get better at that, your works will be must-downloads, for sure, because you already have the comedy aspect down.
Keep it up! I like your brand of humor :slight_smile:

Great stuff! Thanks for the laughs! :smiley:

Was all that created in blender? Thats neat! You have some skill. :slight_smile:

Thanks guys… to all who downloaded it, watched it, and laughed. Thanks. :smiley:

This is so awesome! I want more!!
I’m trying to start on the next episode now. :wink:

It seems clear to me that you could use some work on your modeling. I anticipate that once you get better at that, your works will be must-downloads, for sure, because you already have the comedy aspect down.
Yeah, I created Andy in a hurry, just to make a friend for George. I didn’t take much time over George either, but I always thought George looked pretty good. How would you improve him?

Was all that created in blender? Thats neat! You have some skill.
Thanks. Yes, it was all created in blender. The music was added later using Windows Movie Maker, but everything else is Blender-made.

Yeah, I created Andy in a hurry, just to make a friend for George. I didn’t take much time over George either, but I always thought George looked pretty good. How would you improve him?

How would I improve him? Well, I have to admit that i’m not the best modeler on this earth, myself. (I’m still working on this sucker… and though I’ve fixed the unclosable mouth on my local copy, I still have a lot of work left to go.) However, ive been told now more and more often that if you want good modeling, you have to get face loops to work right.

One of the things that got me in the video was that George’s shoulder seems to dislocate when he moves it around :wink: I think you might want to cut a face loop there, if you can. His body also seems to move more than it should when his arms move.

I dunno, I guess the only reason my modeling has improved recently is because I studied this modeling thread, which becomes obvious when you look at my lizard. The lizard was just meant to be me following along with the exercise, but it seemed to develop its own unique personality as I made it, which is the only real reason I’ve kept working on it.

I guess my other big issue is that when George looks at you straight-on… he doesn’t seem to have much appearance to his face. A mouth, or something, could help.

I dunno, would you be insulted if I tried drawing a “tweaked” version of george with my Wacom tablet?

Not at all. Anything that improves this cartoon is fine by me. Go ahead… show me what you mean.

I think there should be a second longer pause when the button is down, then edning credits. Would give it a better humorous quality. As of now, you’re not sure that it’s a completed video or not.

As it stands it’s really good (though there are a couple clipping issues).

Alright, here’s my interpretation of George.
http://dustycloud.org/gfx/goodies/george.png
Ignore the fact that I’m a talentless hack for a moment, and that I made the left arm (from viewer’s perspective) way too buff. What I wanted to show was the possibility of a mouth, and a more defined thumb.

haha. good short. nice.

Heh… nice drawing. :slight_smile:

I shall try to make a mouth. And thumbs.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The explosoin could do with some “base” hurts my ears as it is :slight_smile:

Thumbs ??? A MOUTH ??? Gbeee…gbuh…gbah…AAAARRRRGHHH NOOOOO !!!