Challenge #991 "The best of @Helge work redesigned" Entries CLOSED

Theme #991 for Friday 17th of June 2022 is:

the best of @Helge work redesigned

Entry closes on Monday, 22:30 GMT (Mon, Jun 20, 2022 10:30 PM)

How do I post my entry? Here is an Example: (click to open)

Title: Any eye for an eye

pure

Please remember to state if your entry is pure, open or non-competing.

“There are two main goals for these contests: Fun and Glory.
Fun: You get only 4 days to create a cool image, based on the theme for the week.
Glory: After 2 days of voting, a winner is declared. The winner picks the theme for next week and will be featured in the Feature Row.”

For details please check out the: CHALLENGE RULES

Btw.: Comments are welcome in both threads (entries/voting). Have fun! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks @3dnotguru! I am feeling honored and a little strange at the same time. Let’s see how this one turns out. :wink:

Btw. if anyone is interested, here is a list of all previous themes:
https://geoxis.de/blend/themes.htm

(Even though, not all of them are still available.)

1 Like

Well, i take on this:

harvest_day

3 Likes

Hi Sorry, I’m a bit confused, do we have to look at Helge’s work and pick one to remake for this weekend’s comp?. Many Thanks

This is @3dnotguru’s theme idea, but as always, a free interpretation of the theme is fine (and probably a good idea in most cases). In the end, a “redesign” can result in something completely different, anyways. That is the route I’m probably going to take. :wink:

Ok thanks, well have a look at past enterys.

Nice! Regardless of who wins, @Helge wins. Great way to appreciate him for running this for so long. Thanks @Helge for your work.

2 Likes

Thanks! However, so far it has just been a little over five years. (And the challenge is a lot older than that.) :wink:

1 Like

Helge you got aloda splanin to do. :grin:
Boy 5 years of creations to go through. :exploding_head::dizzy_face:

1 Like

Most of use were here when you took over 5 years ago. :grin:
I remember. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Actually, I’ve been participating a little longer than that. :wink:
But don’t worry. A lot of it has been lost in the image eating forum migration incident a few years ago.

Helge’s “Not My Rules!” but Rambo Style

Non-competing (Pure)

Cycles, 4096 samples, Post slight saturation increase and edge with Paintshop Pro

based on:

10 Likes

The title of my entry can be found in this song: Disturbing the Priest (2004 Remaster) - YouTube . Can anyone guess?

Non competing inverted “Crossing Over

6 Likes

I got inspired by the challenge #983 “Peaceful Place”
The idea was everyone needs a peaceful place :slight_smile:
If I have time I might improve it during the weekend. But a lovely challenge :heart:

Pure, cycles

6 Likes

Munch
Pure, cycles, 1024 samples, no denoise, rendertime < 10sec., all made in blender except the textures for the caterpillar are made in krita.

Remake:

Harvest_Day7.blend (3.8 MB)

Original:
harvest_day

9 Likes

I know which one I want to do, but I have to find it again I found it last night, but I couldn’t get the images to show.
I guess it was the migration thing helge was talking about.
I might have to go off of what I could read on it. :grin:
@Helge might remember when I finish it. :sweat_smile:It will have little arms. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I’m also going with peaceful place, but a modern variation.
No addons used, except for decal machine.
(edit) I must say, modelling a sledge hammer head is somewhat more tricky than one might imagine at the onset!
(edit) I was going to put some more stuff in the scene, but this file is buggier than heck even after I appended the scene to a fresh file, for some reason.
(edit) small correction…scatter was used to distribute the pebbles ( which I made ) only because grease scatter was not enabled and scatter was, but it was just simple scattering with no fancy stuff, so I don’t think it matters? I leave it up to Helge.

6 Likes

Frigid Bridge

Pure
Based on ‘Winter Bridge’ from Challenge #960

Work-In-Progress

WIP 2

10 Likes