The big Blender Sculpt Mode thread (Part 1)

I feel Pablo and BF in general are disconnected from users requests.
I feel paid devs just do what they want, users requests/RCS are almost ignored and devs often look down at users talking to them. Almost 100% of the time devs tell users they can’t have a feature cause of some super complex technicals or cause it’s not on the roadmap (the one they voted themselve without considering users. I mean, sometimes they consult them but that’s not an obligation).
I am not alone feeling that.

Again, maybe this is how things are supposed to work.
Users pay/test/give feedback and beg/hope devs will mind them.
It’s a very vertical process imo.
Average pro-Dev person: “It’s not true we don’t listen to users, there is Right-Click-Select (:happy wink emoji:)”
RCS was a great idea but let’s be real, it’s a dump where ideas die.

Calm down with the toxic and victimisation stuff.
Pablo does great work (paid work) but a lot of users feel a disconnection and a lack of communication between devs and users, that’s a fact since many years if not forever.

Good for you if you like cloth brush, it might be useful for you and a lot of people but not for me and a lot of others. It is not toxic to say so, you are encouraging false positivity and one sided thinking.

The idea here (it’s non-toxic) is that amount of money and time put in a feature (cloth brush for example) that wasn’t requested could (imo should) have been put in a long timed requested feature. You think I am alone thinking that and you think this idea toxic ?

Edit:Toxic or not, I know this is not the best thread to discuss this. I just wanted to add my 2 cents but it’s getting expensive…
Feel free to revive that old thread I started a while ago talking bout how decisions are taken.

3 Likes