The big Blender Sculpt Mode thread (Part 1)

You can scale it down by pressing numpad - or ctrl MMB while moving mouse.
With a tablet, it should work by moving stylus pressing buttons you mapped you use to replace Ctrl and MMB.
If it does not, you may try to modify shortcut.

the problem is that the brushbar it is badly designed,
you have long items that take up valuable space without really being needed…
there is a lot of room for optimization.

what you say is not effective, because if I shrink the ui, I will have tiny elements, but always a lot of wasted space

I thought you were talking about the toolbar with brush icons.
But now, I suppose you are talking about tool settings bar or sidebar.
For tablets, you are not supposed to use sidebar.
Tools Settings bar is supposed to display same panels as popovers.
I wish we have an easy way to customize them and choose what brush panel/setting we want to keep visible in what region.

New Clay Brush: https://developer.blender.org/D6228

25 Likes

Oh, that’s nice! As Clay/Claytubes is one of my most used brushes during blockout, that’s going to be a real boon for my workflow.

2 Likes

Hmmm ! It looks usable ! I generally use clay tubes instead but I’ll have to try this new brush out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m a Clay Buildup man myself, but it looks like he’s done a really nice job with this. Very Zbrushy. :+1:

3 Likes

My thoughts exactly!

I do find it slightly disturbing to watch Suzanne being mutilated though. The end result could be used in a remake of The House of Wax.

5 Likes

Just reviewed the Blender Atelier: Sculpt add-on, offering quite some additional tools in Sculpt Mode.

4 Likes

Musashidan: “I wish I had the Clay brush from ZBrush.”

Pablo appears out of his lamp in a mystical puff of smoke

Pablo: “Your wish is my command!”

Snaps his fingers and the feature appears

7 Likes

Oh Boy.
https://twitter.com/pablodp606/status/1194364883594297344

29 Likes

Are these new clay brushes in latest 2.82 version?

1 Like

Not yet, there is only one patch so far.

Thank can’t wait to try these since i am doing a lot of sculpting currently.

That’s not the only feature I can’t wait for.

Seriously, it’s been over a month since 2.82 development started, and one of the biggest sculpting features hasn’t even been reviewed yet (Face Groups). So many nice improvements still stuck in limbo. :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s kinda pointless to have the master branch “open for new features” if the new features can’t be commited directly…:upside_down_face: And it’s only open until December 12… that’s a small window right there lol.

Maybe is time to allow the devs add new features to the master branch directly, now that we have the new experimental tab in the preferences. They could use it to test the new stuff before reviewing. :wink:

3 Likes

Well, merging bug fixes becomes more complicated if you’ve got new features in the same area. 2.81 is supposed to release tomorrow anyway.

2.82 stuff so far (and I’m probably missing some). Who knows what else he’ll do in the next few months.

• Clay brushes
  • Multiplane Scrape
  • Face Groups (Polygroups)
  • PBVH Vertex Paint (Polypaint)
  • Mask Slice
  • QuadriFlow Guides
  • Texture Mesh Filter
  • Topology Slide/Relax (Relax Brush)
11 Likes

There is already a new brush

2 Likes

Grease Pencil devs have added Vertex Painting into grease-pencil-object branch.
Maybe Pablo could have done same thing.
His sculpt-mode-features branch is still there. But it looks like he did not keep it in sync with master since august.
For 2.82/2.83 transition, he will probably do like GP guys.

Eh, If we have to wait a few weeks for something, that’s fine. I think people shouldn’t be Veruca Salt demanding everything right now in the first place.

1 Like