The Bishop

Animation:

All critiques are welcome. Thank you.

6 Likes

He looks like a very interesting fellow who might not actually be very nice! Well done. Character, background, overall composition, and lighting is all very good. Particularly the gold “halo” behind him. “It all works.” :+1:

The artstyle is nicely stylized, well done!

A few things I have to say though. The background is a bit too bright in my opinion, it almost takes the focus away from the character. I think if you used a darker shade of brown, the image would work better. Also, the cross in his hand is almost blending into the background. What about trying other colors for it?

For the animation, I don’t know if that’s what you were going for, but this looks like it’s meant to be a mostly static 2D image with just a bit of subtle animation. Still, I think the torso and arms would look better with a little bit of movement, even if it’s just breathing. Also, the head turning would cause a little bit of rotation in the shoulders, as they would get pulled along and rotate with the head slightly.

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I will have to agree about the background and maybe a metal cross could work better but I wanted to emphasize the contrast between the gold coins and the simple wooden cross. As for the animation indeed, I wanted to it to look static but since this is my first try in rigging and animation I didn’t want to complicate things.

1 Like

Thank you. I’m glad you liked it.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!