The Blender World Cup 2008 has Begun

4 dragons having a clusterfuck of a fight in a big deserted library.
The idea took me 30 seconds to think up, executing it will take longer.

This looks pretty cool and interesting, I will try and enter this and push my blending skills up a notch or two. good luck to all those that are going to enter.

…Teehee…

@Alltaken

I’ve sent a link to my wip to the specified address.
When will the entries be visible on the bwc site ?

Good question loramel.

I’ve just gotten back from a holiday for the weekend (we thrashed South Africa for anyone who knows what game i went to see), so I aim to have them up by Wednesday or similar.

I will also append some of the rules to address certain confusions.

Doug.

@Alltaken: Yes well done. Eveyone is still blaming the Ref here in SA.

I suppose I’ll try something. Don’t have much experience in these areas though.

An idea, as I work at a nursery school, I thought maybe have a scene where a toddler learning to use the toilet himself, overflows the toilet and is trying to pull up his own pants while another toddler is going to play with the overflowing toilet water. Teacher/mother in back ground diving in to stop it from happening but is obviously too late.

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9138/sceneconcept1sx2.th.jpg

We’ve just finalized the prizes, and the count is back. We have over $1600 USD in prizes this year. That is huge, and I’m really looking forward to giving them out.

oh man, the updated prize will defidently get me busting my ass for sure this time :slight_smile: especially since I could use the $250 1st place prize to get me the Coolermaster Cosmos 100 or a 50cc (or less to avoid motorcycle endorsement here) scooter or possibly one of the medium size wacom bamboo fun tablet. either way, the spacenavigator is exactly the gadget i’ve been wanting to check out so I would defidently not mind winning one of them :slight_smile:

thanks for letting us know about the prizes :smiley:

P.S. I’ve looked at the spacenavigator website and it seems that they have 2 version of the spacenavigator, one for notebook and one for desktop. would the winner be able to choose which version to recieve? just wondering since I’m using my laptop for everything now.

P.S.S. http://www.blendernation.com/2007/08/13/3dconnexion-announces-public-beta-release-of-plug-ins-for-blender-support/ there a clip of how spacenavigator works with Blender3D here

First: Thanks for this contest, I was waiting for something like this ;).

My question: In rules is not said a limit for picture size or resolution. It is only said that it should be more than 1 megapixel.

I working on something big (not a galactic battle :)), so I want ask, if it really isnt limited.

I think I’m going to give this a try. I had this idea of building a scene with popular toys like Legos, K’nex, etc. Does anyone know if that would be ok? Or would that brake some copyright, law, or rule?

You can make it as big as you want.

The reason to specify 1 megapixel is to allow images of any aspect ratio to be accepted. from 1000x1000 to 2000x500, anything over that is fine.

I’m not sure about Lego and K’nex, I assume its considered reasonable use under copyright law.

Thanks for answer ;).

I officially lift my curse on the BWC and wish all the competitors the best of luck. Doug, the mutant athletes foot fungus should go away in a couple of days now that I have lifted the curse.

I wonder how long does it take for the BWC site to list my WIP in the entries list? because I’ve submitted it 2 days ago.

Is there a qualifying round? (Cuz’ I really wanna enter)

Blenderman, on all the other posts they have said no qualifying rounds:D The website has no trace of it what so ever;) Check it out: http://bwc.blenderartists.org Best get cracking, cause there is only 31 days left!

Got a idea in the works executing it…:slight_smile: Longer than probable hope.

Is it ok to use for example ManCandy in our images?

I don’t think so, I got this from the rules/tip page of the BWC site, (see bold text)

• We encourage you to post-produce your entries
  • All software tools can be use in this competition[LIST]
  • You can render the image using any renderer as long as Blender is used as the predominant 3D software in your pipeline
  • Your entries should be submitted as a JPG image file:
  • The image can be any aspect ratio you wish, as long as it is over 1 Megapixel
  • The JPG should be saved at 80-95% quality
  • You work submitted must be your own, or teams
  • The composition of the image submitted should have been created for the BWC
  • Your entry must be received by the deadline for it to be accepted[/LIST]

you can use it as a reference material since a few peoples have used the makehuman for references purpose. just be sure not to have it directly included in the final image.