The bright future

Hello, Merry Christmas!

The future is bright. It will not dusty and bloody like hollywood films. I don’t know Why artists (or pseudo-artists) show the future with dusty dark scifi backgrounds.In my opinion:“… It will not a broken place on the ground unless it will be built. And the Spirit of God[Jesus] son of Mary, falling and will pray behind him (Mahdi).” :Imam Baqir (peace be upon him) said.

And some codes from God:In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
relate in the book (the story of) mary, when she withdrew from her family to a place in the east.
she placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then we sent her our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects.
she said: “i seek refuge from thee to (allah) most gracious: (come not near) if thou dost fear allah.”
he said: "nay, i am only a messenger from thy lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a holy son.
she said: “how shall i have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and i am not unchaste?”
he said: “so (it will be): thy lord saith, ‘that is easy for me: and (we wish) to appoint him as a sign unto men and a mercy from us’:it is a matter (so) decreed.”
so she conceived him, and she retired with him to a remote place.
and the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm-tree: she cried (in her anguish): “ah! would that i had died before this! would that i had been a thing forgotten and out of sight!”
but (a voice) cried to her from beneath the (palm-tree): "grieve not! for thy lord hath provided a rivulet beneath thee;
"and shake towards thyself the trunk of the palm-tree: it will let fall fresh ripe dates upon thee.
“so eat and drink and cool (thine) eye. and if thou dost see any man, say, ‘i have vowed a fast to (allah) most gracious, and this day will i enter into not talk with any human being’”
at length she brought the (babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms). they said: "o mary! truly an amazing thing hast thou brought!
“o sister of aaron! thy father was not a man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste!”
but she pointed to the babe. they said: “how can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?”
he said: "i am indeed a servant of allah: he hath given me revelation and made me a prophet;
"and he hath made me blessed wheresoever i be, and hath enjoined on me prayer and charity as long as i live;
"(he) hath made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable;
“so peace is on me the day i was born, the day that i die, and the day that i shall be raised up to life (again)”!
such (was) jesus the son of mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute.

[The Holly Quran - Chapter 19: MARYAM (MARY) ]

I wish you have a good role in your new game of life in 2016. The artist is someone who is one hundred years ahead of his time.

To be continued…

Unfortunately the leader of blender is very disappointed about BGE, and worse yet he have bad ideas about BGE’s future. Why he talk about Unity!!!

Fortunately, Martins Upitis allow UpBGE team to use his shaders.

Great post ! Should be stickied with the wealth of links it has in it.

I was also worried about some attitudes surrounding BGE that came up recently. Could just be a passing phase. Just when BGE has matured and has some very interesting potential. But I can see what Ton Roosendaal is talking about, our “glorious leader” (ha!) but he is no the only the developer. There must be thousands of people involved. I accept his suggestions though (even if I don’t fully agree). They’re just ideas. He suggests changing the name of BGE to “Interaction Mode” or something like this (presumably keeping all the game development features). I have always noticed that the name “Blender Game Engine” introduced a suggested limitation in its abilities. Just as with Blender main it can obviously do a lot more … VJ’ing, interactive Scientific visualisations/physics. prototyping, music tools/instruments, medical and other VR applications (for example VR is used in burns units to reduce pain), and the list goes on.

Maybe there needs to be more of a publicity/showcasing/interviews/developer support initiative like http://blenderart.org/issues/ ? Outreaches to schools (like the Raspberry Pie thing) ? I bet some science and other teachers go nuts over what Blender can do and its educational potential.

Err… there’s still the Godot engine if the whole issue here is “belief in open source and freedom”.

The fact is that the combination of the BGE’s messy codebase and GPL licensing has kept a lot of developers and users away from it (noting all of the back and forth discussion over the years that tried to figure out how to deliver a commercial game without code access legally, something which I don’t think has ever been fully resolved).

Not to worry though, the future of FOSS game dev. solutions is not going to perish anytime soon (because it’s not entirely dependent on either the BGE itself or the UPBGE fork).

Err… there’s still the Godot engine if the whole issue here is “belief in open source and freedom”.

of course…you are unbelievable

If you want a neat list, go to https://github.com/alabd14313/awesome-BGE
Please help me to complete this list.

Wow. :cool:. Amazing list. I’ve had problems finding the right resources for BGE so this is a great help.