The bugs that ate San Francisco....

I mentioned this a few posts back;)

It might just be a “luxrender” issue with the “direct lighting” method… it’s only supposed to be used for preview renders… I’m trying a full bidir MLT render at the moment to see how that comes out…

after 40 minutes of rendering with 6 cores it’s nearly 800 samples per pixel… it’ll take a while to get too a good quality level!.. shadows seem a bit better, but not really heavy enough…

Hehe… sorry… can’t wait to see your next image.
The render looks real!
How long it takes to render?

The last image with direct lighting was anywhere from 40 - 60 minutes, not that long really, but long for a “preview”

that said, the workflow is great because you can recolour and balance the light intensities on the fly and massively change the look , day, night , dusk all with one render… though the lux devs are the first to admit there;'s lots of optimisations that need to be done!

Oh wow, I can’t wait to see this finished!

Nice work. can’t wait to see it finished. Though LuxRender is an amazing piece of kit I just loath the brute force path to rendering that unbiased renderers, you are always hurrying up and waiting. A 6 core pc taking 40 minutes to get to 800 simples. Taking into account Blinn’s law I wonder at how vaible these engines truely are.

But that is one seriously kewl bug.