The Butcher

Hi everyone! My first post here… started working with blender during the 2.8 beta here’s My latest cyberpunk piece, rendered with cycles… finished in photoshop…

Daz3D and marvelous designer used for characters, scifi pods modeled in blender

Using blender 2.90.1 with:

Heavypoly config, HardOps and Decal Machine…

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/bK89Rr

37 Likes

Wow, impressive work. I think it captures the cyberpunk spirit perfectly.

2 Likes

Thank you Frank! I really tried to push my storyteling with this one! I have some “Sequel” shot in plan actually to continue on this…

Amazing lightning and mood! :slight_smile: Do you mind sharing any composition/colour grading screens?

1 Like

Impressive work with nice story-telling. Just up my alley. Love the colour scheme and all the details.
Is the female a cyborg (with a human brain) or is it an artificial life-form? A Sex-bot?
I am quite unsure about the level of empathy I am supposed to have.
He definitely butchered her (for a piece of hardware) also probably all the other bodies hanging outside of the door. That’s really grisly.
Is the close proximity to the Cyberpunk 2077 release pure coincidence or did it actually play a role in your inspiration?
Looking at it I actually wish it would be in the game so that I personally could take this guy down (or apart).

2 Likes

Woah :star_struck:

1 Like

Thank you mirek! Not sure if i can help you… there is a gif from the process showing all the version to the final… i used the blender distorsion and some soft glare in the compositor the rest is done in photoshop combining different passes and lot of color corrections blending mods and stuff screenshot would not be much helpfull i gues but i could make another gif showing the photoshop tweaks building up on top of each other would that be helpfull ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for quick respond :wink:

That’ll be amazing!!! You did amazing job between raw blender render and final image - the part that’s most difficult for me. So if you don’t mind sharing how did you build up layers to achieve this final image that’ll be amazing for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Romanji thank you for your comment!

Cyberpunk was sure source of inspiration as i cant wait for the game and also kinda missed more dark themes in the trailers, but i was also inspired by the alien and bladerunner franchise.

For the girl i wanted to go with more organic biomechanical direction like replicants or androids from alien universe and get on that edge with her being like a human and inocent, but still treated like a piece of hardware with no respect by most of the society… i gues i would call the detroit become human as another source of inspiration that crawled under my mind without me knowing :smiley:

@mirek_snd Mirek_snd
Sorry had some trouble uploading the gif
Here it is:

:slight_smile: hope it helps

2 Likes

If I had to describe may favourite theme and style I like to work in as an artist, I would point straight to worlds of Alien, Blade Runner, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Neuromancer and The Matrix.
So like I said, right up may alley, or more like exactly what I would do (or wish I had done :smile:)

The world needs more great cyberpunk art. You delivered.

2 Likes

Yeah man love those too especially Alien thats my obsession :smiley:

1 Like

Pretty Cool work man !!

1 Like

Thanks man! Really like your work too !!

1 Like

This is great, love the story aspect.

1 Like

Wow… this is epic :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! :black_heart:

Uow, what a cruel world for a cyborg to try to survive, isn’t it? I was a little sad to see that. But don’t take it the wrong way, because I am like this for the scene really aroused a feeling. You have an incredible job there. I have no criticisms, my sincere congratulations.

1 Like

Love the style… Nice work!

1 Like

Happy to hear it evoked some emotions in you means a lot for me thanks man!!

1 Like