The cake is a lie.

If you know what I am talking about… Congrats on finishing one of the most original computer game released in the last 3 years. :yes: Leave your thoughts, I love to hear what you think of the game.

addendum
…If not, go buy the the Orange Box made by Valve, it is a collection of games, in which Portal is one of their mini-game.

addendum addendum[spoilers]:
this game just goes to prove how much work is involved in making even a simple ‘puzzle’ game that is original, refreshing, and ONLY 4-5hrs long. Granted, the idea can be extended to create infinite number of additional levels, but Portal, in itself, has a hilarious back story. The dark humor works surprisingly well. And almost every single line in the game has become an instant cult-classic(well…among nerds atleast)

addendum addendum addendum:
It’s hard to overstate my satisfaction with this game. I just hope the apricot team could come up with something just as .

PS: Look at me I incorporated quotes from Portal into my post, oh I am a genius.

Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us, except the ones who are dead.

There’s no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying 'til you run out of cake.

…Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said ‘Goodbye’ and you were like ‘NO WAY!’ and then I was all ‘We pretended we were going to murder you’? That was great…

ahhhhh yes gotta get the game
recognized the phrase from the games teaser website ^^

It’s probably a raw sewage container, go ahead and rub your face all over it.

How is the cake a lie? It even has a candle and everything. :stuck_out_tongue:
(in related news: Weighted Companion Cube LIVES)

I just wish they’d sell it by itself. Using steam sounds to be too complicated, and I don’t want the entire Orange Box.

You have to use steam regardless. All that buying the Orange box does is give you unlock codes that you enter into steam.

Iloveportalsiloveportalsiloveportalsiloveportalsiloveportalsthecakeisalie!!!

BUT IT ISN’T, I’VE SEEN IT.

It’s great, I love how they did the commentary mode as well. I want more of it though, and it doesn’t really need the storyline. I just love it as a puzzle.

Sadly now I have to finish half life too!

For something that started as a student project I’m bloody amazed.

How far is everyone in challenge mode?

Even if you buy it off of, say, Amazon.com?

they sell Portal for 19bucks.

A speerun. Crazy stuff

http://video.google.pl/videoplay?docid=6502253508773147226

There’s no sense in crying over every last mistake, you just keep on trying until you run out of cake

I love that game.

I have the WCC as my wallpaper.

Yup. Boxed set contains steam installer and unlock codes.