The camera is not moving forward, only zooming

Hai!
I dont understand this, the camera which you use to see in blender, not the one for making pictures or movies, is really enojing…
Its like this:
I want to get my view closer to the cube, which is under a plane…
So I go down and watch it from bottom, then i scroll in, and then when i turn around 180 degrees i see the plane, its like the camera never went closer, only zoomed in…
How do i fix this?
Cause its really anoyjing builing in small peices when you cant make the cam go trough some objects…

I’ve encountered this problem in the past, but luckily the devs have added a feature that makes navigating much easier. Shift+B will allow you to move the camera to the desired spot.

Good luck = )

but tis weard, cause i got another project with a whole city, and in it i can go through buildings with my cam…

This is the wrong forum for this… not really a game issue.

However, by default the “rotation point” is set to the center of the grid. Zooming (either with ctrl+mmb OR scrolling) will not move that rotation point. Panning (shift+mmb) will.

Pan your camera in the front, side, and top views such that the object is in the center, and you’ll be able to rotate around that spot.

-Sam