The Decrepit House (W/ BLEND) - Update Last Page

Have you tried Taksi ?

Thanks. Tasky seemed to work.
Here’s the video:

Just tried the .blend, and I have to say that it’s just awesome!! The atmosphere is dark and chilling, the SFX very fitting too. I would have loved to see this further developed into a full-fledged game!
60FPS all the way. Awesome mapping on the door!

Some bugs;
-You can walk through walls
-You can turn on the flashlight even though it’s already on
-When hitting E anywhere in the rooms the “Open Door” sound is playing
-When standing next to the door and hitting E the door plays “Open Door” animation even though it’s already open
-When standing in room two and looking into room one, there is a small cut in the floor texture

Well, I assume most of the above really isn’t bugs, just things you haven’t finished working on yet=)

Very nice work! Will follow this!

Thanks, glad you like it.
I was aware of the first four of those bugs, and I’ll try and fix them. The problems with the flashlight and door kinda intentional, as I don’t know how to make the same button alternate the ipo curves.
And with the walking through walls, the only constraint was an X and Y constraint on the bounding box of both rooms, so there would be overlapping space. I’m gonna take another look at the FPS template to see what I can do to help that.

Nice vid. I can’t even figure out texturing so I couldn’t make something like that.

wow that’s amazing!! is it normal mapped it looks like it you are extremely good! Frankie if you go to youtube.com and type in my name i have a tutorial on textureing

Started another room. This ones going to be a sort of dilapidated study/library. It has a window, too, with moving snow.

Are any 2 snowflakes alike?
(or all of them? lol)

Looks good so far!
I want to see how you make a book.(I tried, but failed miserably…)

The snow is a PNG image, overlayed on two planes, moving at different speeds.
I’m working on books now, and an overturned bookcase in the corner.

Here’s the texture I put together for all of the books. I also attached the normal map.

Very nice!
Keep up the good work!

I’m about to start on an old desk. I have the other two book shelves done, but there’s nothing that special about them.
Found this very nice reference for the desk. Just about exactly what I was looking for. :yes:

This is looking awesome! Can I ask what your method is for making normal maps and normal textures?

I normally use CrazyBump. Very useful software.

Oh man. I was browsing for a creepy renaissance era painting to use in the Study, and came across this.:eek:
Be warned. This is a CREEPY painting.

http://www.cgtextures.com/texview.php?id=30773&PHPSESSID=fc5f74fe02f61f64f043aa5ab5b33590

Not sure if I’ll use it yet.

Okay, got the desk modeled and textured, decided to use the creepy painting, and got that and another textured.
Captured a video of what I have so far:

Really nice video! The new updates are amazing. Love the desk.

Pretty sweet so far- really my only crit is the sound of the wind, which when looking through the window is clearly not blowing. If the snow were whipping around I think it would be pretty cool.

Made some changes to the snow, and the next time I do a video, it should look a bit better.

Update:

I’ve started the basic work for the Kitchen/ Dining Room, which connects to the Study.
I’ve built two large counters, the dining table, and the walls and window.

I also plugged in Martinsh’s awesome DOF script. Results look pretty nice I think.

Wow, this just keeps getting better and better!

Thanks Minifig. :slight_smile:

I decided to take the time to map out the first floor in Blender, then make that a usable blueprint ref image in Photoshop.
It also has the first room, which I’ve since decided is the basement.

I also did a nice isometric screenshot of the study and the kitchen, to show what I’ve built, and how their connected.
I used a cloth simulator for the table cloth by the way, and animated it to make it seem like it was slightly moving in the air.