The Devil and the Tailor.

Nice work, the synchronized lights are a nice way to tie the different elements together. Everything was very well executed, and the song is fun too!

The light rig is very basic, essentially 3 led par cans, and a controller, the whole lot came to about 200 pounds including stands, and was bought over time. The great thing about LEDs is that one light can produce virtually any colour, also they are drastically more efficient in electricity consumption than conventional stage lights. The controller was able to recieive midi data from my laptop which was running Sonar X1 (my current DAW), and as I knew the BPM of the song, I was able to program what was a pretty simple sequence of light changes (it was the first time I had tried something like this), so that they would happen at the same time in the song every time.
The main drawback, is that as I was working at low light levels, my camera was struggling, (It is only a humble consumer quality camcorder), as a result there is rather more noise than I would have liked in the final render.
I didn’t use timecode, as I have found that the digital clocks on modern gear do not go out of sync, if they are set to the same speed. I found it easier just to set up the band pa, sing along to the tracks, and then line up the audio in the video editor.
The song is an 18th century traditional ballad, the instrumental section is my own composition, its not quite the normal style I play, but I wanted to do something humourous, and more especially something short. The other project I’ve been working on has been going 3 years, and still isn’t finished!

That has turned out fantastic! I second, what SterlingRoth said. The combination of CG lighting and the real stage lighting works great. And I love the scarecrow.

I agreed with your earlier comments about the scarecrow animation needing to be developed more

The moves of the scarecrow drummer are a bit uneasy, imho, especially for the chest/neck (0:06) and the left shoulder (0:01). At 0:01 the arm moves without affecting the shoulder when he reaches up. It’s better at 0:05 when the upper body is turned a bit to the left.

it is something I intend to return to the next time I need a robot drummer (as I don’t have a real drummer it will happen, and it is a very interesting challenge), in the end time constraints, and the fact that he ended up playing a relatively minor role, meant that I let it go on this occasion.

That is just fantastic…

Thank you for your kind words.:slight_smile:

Brilliant - well done Sir!

I’ll be keeping an eye on your project, it is really interesting!